Product Id: 34820917
Description: Microsemi PDS-208G - Switch - managed - 8 x 10/100/1000 (PoE) + 2 x 10/100/1000 (uplink) - ceiling-mountable - PoE (240 W)
Mfr Part #: PDS-208G/F/M/AC-US
Digital Ceiling is reshaping enterprises as the revolutionary PoE-based lighting system creates a new breed of smart buildings where everything is connected into a vast Internet of Things (IoT). Microsemi Digital Ceiling Switch Paves the Way for Smart Buildings with Enterprise IoT.
The Microsemi PDS-208G digital ceiling PoE switch offers an optimal and cost-effective solution for PoE lighting and other digital ceiling applications. It allows lighting fixtures and other Ethernet terminals to receive power and data over standard Ethernet cables in the most efficient way. The PDS‑208G is a 240 W fanless switch, designed to be deployed in the ceiling or in communications rooms. Output PoE power can be configured per port, and the device supports full-power mode by providing 30 W for eight ports simultaneously and any individual port can go up to 72 W.
The 240 W high-speed switch offers Layer 2 management capabilities. It has eight 10/100/1000 Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) ports with PoE capabilities based on Microsemi 4-pair PoE technology that enables 50% power loss saving on the Ethernet cables. It also has two Gigabit ports that can be used for uplinks.
- 240 W of full-power PoE (IEEE 802.3at); 8 ports (30 W per port)
- Extra power per port - any individual port can go up to 72 W
- Fanless design - silent operation and enhanced reliability
- IEEE 802.3az energy-efficient-PoE 4-pair solution
- Data rates of 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Layer 2 switch - including 802.1Q-based VLANs enables segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
- Configuration and monitoring - Web management and SNMP