Product Id: 33657172
Description: Toshiba N300 NAS - Hard drive - 8 TB - internal - 3.5" - SATA 6Gb/s - 7200 rpm - buffer: 128 MB
Mfr Part #: HDWN180XZSTA
Toshiba's N300 3.5-inch NAS internal hard drive is designed to meet the reliability, performance, endurance, and scalability requirements of 24/7 network attached storage application for personal, home office and small business use.
The N300 features rotational vibration (RV) sensors which automatically detect and compensate for transient vibrations to deliver consistent performance in multi-bay storage enclosures. With support for up to 8 drive bays in a multi-RAID NAS design, the N300 is highly scalable to the users' NAS configurations as their data storage needs evolve.
The N300 NAS HDD line of high-reliability drives have a high workload rating of up to 180TB/year and are optimized for use in NAS environments where large amounts of data need to be efficiently stored and accessed daily.
- Supports multi-RAID systems with up to 8 bays
- Designed for 24/7 operation with workloads up to 180TB/year
- Integrated RV sensors help ensure high reliability against shock and vibrations by detecting and minimizing rotational vibration effects in multi-bay NAS system
- On-board cache algorithm and buffer management optimize cache allocation between read and write cycles for improved real-time drive performance
- Fast data transfer speed provides quick access to essential content
- Ramp loading technology reduces wear to the recording head and media for improved drive reliability
- Error Recovery Control technology minimizes critical downtime for multi-RAID environment by optimizing data error recovery time
- Secured motor shaft at both ends helps reduce system-induced vibrations, stabilizing the platters for improved tracking accuracy and performance during read and write operations
- Adjust seek speed automatically to reduce heat buildup during high temperature operation
- Designed for NAS
Through its contact with NAS manufacturers, Toshiba recognizes the need for high-reliability disks in support of modern data storage and retrieval demands including streaming, backup and archiving. The drive, which can support multi-RAID systems with up to 8 hard disk drives, allows large volumes of data to be reliably stored and accessed by multiple clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Integrated RV sensors
Regular hard disk drives without RV sensors can affect the performance of a multi-bay NAS System by generating 'knock-on' vibration. N300 drives ensure high reliability by minimizing vibration effects through their advanced control and sensing technology. Multiple sensors detect the slightest shock and built-in RV sensors also compensate for rotational vibration - eliminating the possibility of 'knock-on' vibration in multi-bay NAS configurations system.
- Reliable 'always-on' operation
NAS systems in small businesses or creative environments often need to be accessed by several users, at different locations, simultaneously. Therefore today's NAS drives must deliver high data transfer rates and simultaneous upload and download 24-hours x 7-days. Offering high reliability and scalability, N300 drives achieve max. 180 TB/year workload factor, up to 3 times more than convenient desktop hard drives.
- High durability and heat prevention
Use of high-endurance components is one of the reasons that the N300 series offers better durability than other conventional hard disk drives. At the same time, automatic adjustment of seek speed to reduce heat during high-temperature operation further improves endurance in demanding situations.
- High speed for multi-drive environment
High performance and fast read speed is made possible under high data access loads from multiple users thanks to 128 MB data buffer. This makes the drive suitable for small businesses and creative professionals looking for solutions to handle high data volumes using multi-RAID NAS environments.