Product Id: 31529400
Description: FireEye AX 5500 - Security appliance - GigE - AC 100/240 V - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: 5500AX-HW
The FireEye AX is a group of forensic analysis platforms, that give security analysts hands-on control over powerful auto-configured test environments to safely execute and inspect advanced malware, zero-day, and advanced persistent threat (APT) attacks, embedded in web pages, email attachments, and files. As cybercriminals tailor attacks to penetrate a specific business, user account, or system, analysts need easy-to-use forensic tools, that help them rapidly address targeted malicious activities.
- Performs deep forensic analysis through the full attack life cycle, using the FireEye MVX engine
- Streamlines and batches analysis of suspicious web code, executables, and files
- Reports in-depth on system-level OS and application changes to file systems, memory, and registries
- Offers live-mode or sandbox analysis to confirm zero-day exploits
- Dynamically generates threat intelligence for immediate local protection via integration with the FireEye CM platform
- Captures packets to allow analysis of malicious URL session and code execution
- Assess OS, browser, and application attacks
The FireEye AX utilizes the FireEye multi-vector virtual execution (MVX) engine to provide in-house analysts with a full 360-degree view of an attack, from the initial exploit to callback destinations, and follow on binary download attempts. Through a pre-configured, instrumented virtual analysis environment, the FireEye MVX engine fully executes suspicious code to allow deep inspection of common web objects, email attachments, and files. The FireEye AX platform uses the FireEye MVX engine to inspect single files or batches of files for malware and tracks outbound connection attempts across multiple protocols.
- Spend time analyzing, not administering
The FireEye AX frees administrators from time-consuming setup, baselining, and restoration of the virtual machine environments, used in manual malware analysis. With built-in customization and granular control over payload detonations, the FireEye AX enables forensic analysts to arrive at a comprehensive understanding of the attack, that is suited to the needs of the enterprise.
- Choose live analysis or sandbox modes
The FireEye AX has the ability to provide users two analysis modes - live and sandbox. Malware analysts use the live, on-network mode for full malware life cycle analysis, allowing external connectivity. This gives the FireEye AX the ability to track advanced attacks across multiple stages and different vectors. In sandbox mode, the execution path of particular malware samples is fully contained and visible in the virtual environment.