Product Id: 29843671
Description: Broadcom NetXtreme II ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ for IBM System x - Network adapter - ML2 - 10 Gigabit SFP+ x 2 - for System x3950 X6
Mfr Part #: 00D2028
Lenovo offers the Broadcom 10 GbE SFP+ network adapter family that is based on the Broadcom BCM57811S and BCM57810S controllers for System x servers. These adapters use Broadcom's controller technology, which provides outstanding performance, efficiency, and scalability for the enterprise data center.
Virtualization, cloud computing, high performance computing (HPC), and clustering initiatives are increasing workload demands. The Broadcom network adapter family is the solution of choice for workload-intensive computing environments, providing a reliable, high-performance 10 GbE connectivity solution.
These adapters support PCI-SIG single root input/output virtualization (SR-IOV) and NIC partitioning (NPAR). SR-IOV delivers higher performance and lower CPU utilization with increased virtual machine (VM) scalability.
QLogic NPAR enables up to four physical, switch-agnostic, switch-independent NIC partitions per adapter port. Dynamic and fine-grained bandwidth provisioning enables control of network traffic from VMs and hypervisor services.
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 host interface (5 GTps)
- Full line-rate performance
- TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE)
- TCP segmentation/large send offload
- Receive-side scaling (RSS) for IPv4 and IPv6
- TCP/IP checksum offload for IPv4 and IPv6
- UDP/IP checksum offload for IPv4 and IPv6
- Message signal interrupt (MSI, MSI-X) support
- PXE 2.x support
- Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) support
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP)-Ready
- Network teaming, failover, and load balancing