Product Id: 28888831
Description: FireEye EX 5400 - E-mail security appliance - GigE - AC 100/240 V - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: 5400EX-HW
The FireEye EX series is a group of threat prevention platforms that protects against spear- phishing email attacks that bypass anti-spam and reputation-based technologies. Spear- phishing attacks have soared in popularity with the availability of user-specific information on social networks and other Internet resources. With all of the personal information available online, a criminal can socially engineer almost any user into clicking a URL, or opening an attachment with a zero-day exploit, and the cybercriminal quickly gets control of a privileged system and user accounts.
To quarantine the spear-phishing emails used in advanced targeted attacks, the EX analyzes every attachment using a signature-less, Multi-Vector Virtual Execution (MVX) engine that can safely and accurately identify zero-day attacks. It goes beyond signature and reputation-based systems by detonating each attachment against a cross-matrix of operating systems and applications, including multiple Web browsers and plug-ins like Adobe Reader and Flash. Administrators can quarantine emails with malicious content for further analysis or deletion.
In this manner, organizations not only get real-time protection against malicious URLs, but also the ability to connect the dots of a blended attack. For instance, identifying other targeted individuals who were sent spear-phishing emails containing the same malicious URLs is the type of actionable intelligence necessary to protect organizations against advanced targeted attacks.
- Real-time quarantine of zero-day email attacks - using the FireEye MVX engine, identifies and blocks advanced targeted attacks using malicious images, PDFs, Flash, or ZIP/RAR/TNEF archives
- Integrates with the NX to stop blended attacks - quarantines emails with malicious URLs and traces Web-based attacks back to the original spear-phishing email
- Enhances existing email control infrastructure - layers dynamic malware and attachment analysis behind the static signature-based detections of anti-spam and anti-virus gateways
- Dynamically generates threat intelligence - captures details such as callback coordinates and communication characteristics to protect locally and share globally through the DTI cloud
- Supports YARA-based rules - enables information security analysts to specify byte-level rules and quickly analyze email objects for threats specific to the organization
- Supports AV-Suite integration - malicious objects identified by anti-virus software can be linked to the deeper forensic information provided by the EX for more efficient incident response prioritization