Product Id: 27890147
Description: Monoprice 5X1 HDMI Converter Switch - HDMI, (DVI w/ Toslink + Coaxial + R/L Stereo Audio), and (Component (YpbPr) w/ Toslink + Coaxial + R/L Stereo Audio) to HDMI - Video/audio switch - desktop
Mfr Part #: 8146
Do you have a Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, and are looking for a way to hook them all up to your big-screen HDTV? Or are you an AV enthusiast with an older AV receiver, without HDMI inputs and some older equipment with only DVI or Component outputs? This converter/switch is just what you need!
Until now, most AV switches supported just one type of video input - either component or HDMI, but not both. And if you have DVI, well, you've got to buy a converter to turn it into HDMI before you can use that. Now Monoprice offers the ultimate power-user's Video Converter Switch with HDMI, DVI, and component video inputs, plus a built-in converter module for HDMI video output.
The unit has two HDMI inputs, which is normal enough and lets you plug in your PS3 and Xbox360. The third input is set for DVI (digital, single-link) signals, so you can connect to your PC. The last two inputs are Component (YPbPr) video, so you can add your Wii and PS2. The DVI and Component inputs each allow for Analog stereo L/R, Digital Coaxial, or Optical Toslink audio inputs.
The output of the unit is standard HDMI for your HDTV or for use with another switch, splitter, or HDMI matrix. Along with the audio on the HDMI signal, it also simultaneously outputs audio in Analog stereo L/R RCA, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink, so you can connect to your amplifier and get a room full of sound, no matter what type of inputs it supports.
Switching between inputs can be done manually with front panel controls, by using the included remote control, or by hooking up a computer to the RS232 connector and sending programmed signals. The unit remembers which input source was last used and will return to that source whenever it is powered on.
- Two HDMI audio/video inputs with support for compressed (LPCM) and uncompressed (DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD) audio
- Two component video inputs with associated Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink audio inputs
- One DVI (digital single-link) video input with associated Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink audio inputs
- Built-in video converter to convert DVI (digital single-link) and component video inputs to HDMI output
- Built-in audio converter to convert analog L/R, digital coaxial, and Optical Toslink inputs to HDMI, Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink
- Supports simultaneous audio output on HDMI, Analog stereo L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink outputs, regardless of audio input type
- Supports video resolutions up to 1080p
- Supports 165 MHz/1.65 Gbps per channel (4.95 Gbps all channel) bandwidth
- Supports 8-bit per channel (24-bit all channel) deep color
- Supports uncompressed audio, such as LPCM for HDMI input
- Supports compressed audio, such as DTS Digital, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD Master Audio, and Dolby TrueHD for HDMI input
- Supports Toslink+Coaxial+ L/R Audio for DVI and YPbPr (Component) input