The line-interactive AVR550U UPS system with AVR protection provides reliable battery backup and AC power protection against blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, surges and line noise that can damage valuable electronics or destroy data. The eight-outlet 120V battery backup is ideal protection for your home office, media center or commerce components, including computers, routers, printers, HDTVs, Blu-ray players, game consoles, ATMs, security systems and digital signage equipment.
Backup support allows you to work through short power failures and gives you enough time to safely save files and shut down your system in case of a prolonged blackout. Backup time varies according to load, but the line-interactive UPS system should keep an energy-efficient desktop computer with small LCD monitor powered as long as 32 minutes. During normal operation, incoming utility power keeps the replaceable internal battery fully charged, so backup power will always be available.
Four 5-15R outlets provide battery backup, surge protection and voltage regulation for your computer, monitor and other crucial components. The other four 5-15R outlets provide surge suppression only for printers, speakers and other desktop equipment regarded as non-essential during a blackout. A high >95% line mode efficiency rating reduces BTU emissions, energy consumption and, ultimately, your energy costs.
AVR protects your equipment from incremental hardware damage, data loss and performance problems caused by brownouts and overvoltages. The AVR550U can correct brownouts as low as 89V and overvoltages as high as 145V back to nominal 120V power continuously, all while keeping the battery fully charged and ready to take over in case of power failure.
A 316-joule surge suppression rating protects connected components from the harmful effects of power surges.
Various electromagnetic and radio sources found in virtually every home and business can cause disruptive interference on the AC line. Known as EMI (electromagnetic interference) and RFI (radio frequency interference), this line noise is a common cause of performance problems and can lead to incremental hardware damage, data corruption and audio/video transmission problems. The AVR550U incorporates technology that filters out disruptive line noise so that it won't affect your equipment.
The UPS remains silent in both line and battery backup modes. The alarm sounds only to report low battery, battery replace, overload and fault condition. Dual front-panel LEDs report line and battery mode operation.
This USB port connects the AVR550U to a computer running Tripp Lite's free downloadable PowerAlert software to enable safe unattended file saves and system shutdown in case of a prolonged power failure. USB cable is included. Battery independent restart ensures automatic UPS power-up without user interaction after lengthy power outages, even when batteries are expired and require replacement.
The space-saving ABS housing fits on a desktop, shelf or anywhere else convenient to your workstation or home theater. Keyhole mounting tabs on the rear allow easy wall-mount installation. The five-foot power cord with NEMA 5-15P plug connects to any compatible AC outlet.
- AVR550U ultra-compact 120V line interactive UPS offers complete AC power protection from blackouts, brownouts and transient surges
- 550VA / 300 watt UPS output capacity
- Uninterruptible Power Supply / UPS operation maintains battery-derived AC output during blackouts to prevent data loss and system downtime for connected equipment
- Built-in USB port enables data-saving unattended shutdown when used with Tripp Lite's PowerAlert software, available via FREE download from www.tripplite.com
- HID-compliant USB port also enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X
- Automatic Voltage Regulation / AVR corrects extended brownouts and overvoltages from 83 to 147V, without using battery power
- 3 minutes runtime at 100% load (300 watts), 9 minutes runtime at 50% load (150 watts)
- 20 minutes runtime for a desktop computer system consuming 80 watts continuous
- 8 built-in NEMA 5-15R outlets, two with extra wide spacing to accommodate transformer plugs
- 4 UPS battery backup outlets, plus 4 additional surge-only outlets
- Right angle NEMA 5-15P input connection with 6ft / 1.8m line cord
- Network grade AC surge and lightning protection is available from all outlets; Built-in data line surge suppression protects a single dialup or DSL line
- Supports Tripp Lite's Watchdog system service to restore operation to locked equipment through soft reboot of application/OS or hard power off/on reboot of connected equipment, ideal for unattended kiosk applications
- 98% line mode efficiency rating uses less energy and BTU emissions
- Built-in grounding lug
- Hot swappable user battery replacement
- Space saving, ultra-compact housing with support for wall-mount, desktop or floor placement