SHI International Achieves Cloud Native VMware Master Services Competency
Published on : 12/4/2020
SOMERSET, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SHI International, one of the largest IT solutions providers in the world, has achieved the Cloud Native VMware Master Services Competency. The competency demonstrates SHI’s commitment to helping organizations accelerate their digital transformations by leveraging their validated services delivery capabilities around advanced VMware technologies.
“This competency shows that SHI is VMware validated for our full Cloud Native capabilities, and we become one of the earliest partners to attain the first six VMware Master Services Competencies,” says Sandeep Kota, Sr. Presales Solutions Architect - VMware Network & Security at SHI. “This reinforces our team’s broad and deep expertise across the suite of VMware Master Services and is indicative of how our customer-centric solutions and technical proficiency helps our customers continue to learn, grow, and achieve.”
“VMware is pleased to recognize SHI for achieving a Cloud Native Master Services Competency. This achievement shows customers that partners like SHI are dedicated, invested, and have validated expertise in advanced VMware technologies,” says Sandy Hogan, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Commercial and Partner Sales at VMware. “We value SHI as a VMware partner, and appreciate its efforts in this achievement as it works to increase its service delivery capabilities.”
VMware Master Services Competencies are designed to help partners demonstrate customer-centric solutions and technical proficiency, with proven success and expertise in a specialized area of business. These competencies also allow partners to differentiate in six specific solution areas.
SHI has achieved all six VMware Master Services Competencies, including:
- Cloud Management and Automation – Designates expertise in delivery of VMware Cloud Management and Automation solutions and services with deep understanding and execution of cloud management design principles and methodologies.
- Cloud Native – Designates partner organizational expertise to run and manage VMware Modern Application solutions. Achieving this competency validates partners’ deep understanding of Kubernetes core concepts and proficiency in networking, security, and application lifecycle management to ensure the continuous delivery of applications on Kubernetes-based platforms.
- Data Center Virtualization – Designates expertise in delivery of VMware vSphere environments and digital infrastructure services with deep understanding of and execution in Data Center Virtualization design principles and methodologies.
- Digital Workspace – Designates partner organizational expertise to design, deliver and support the ongoing management of customer apps, data, and virtual desktop solutions whether on-premise or cloud delivered. Achieving this competency validates partners’ deep understanding and execution on VMware Horizon and VMware Workspace ONE end-user computing solutions.
- Network Virtualization – Designates expertise in the delivery of VMware NSX environments and services with deployment and optimization of NSX environment capabilities.
- VMware Cloud on AWS - Designates expertise in the delivery of hybrid cloud solutions based on VMware Cloud on AWS. This service provides an operationally consistent and familiar way to run, manage and secure applications in a hybrid IT environment.
VMware Partner Connect empowers partners with flexibility to meet customers’ needs, making VMware technologies and services opportunities more accessible. Partners now have an enhanced experience that delivers simplicity, choice, and innovation, and recognizes and rewards partners based on the value they bring to customers.
Founded in 1989, SHI International Corp. is an $11 billion global provider of technology products and services. Driven by the industry’s most experienced and stable sales force and backed by software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists, and certified IT services professionals, SHI delivers custom IT solutions to Corporate, Enterprise, Public Sector, and Academic customers. With over 5,000 employees worldwide, SHI is the largest Minority and Woman Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) in the U.S. For more information visit https://www.SHI.com.
VMware, vSphere, Workspace ONE, Horizon, and NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
For SHI International