Product Id: 38262977
Description: Juniper QFX Series QFX10008 - Switch - L3 - managed - front to back airflow - rack-mountable - DC power
Mfr Part #: QFX10008-REDUND-H
The QFX10000 line of modular data center spine and core Ethernet switches delivers industry-leading scale, flexibility and openness, with a design that enables the seamless transition from 10GbE and 40GbE interface speeds to 100GbE and beyond. These high-performance, forward-looking switches are designed to help cloud and data center operators extract maximum value and intelligence from their network infrastructure well into the future.
- System longevity with midplane-less orthogonal interconnect architecture
- Deep buffers with up to 50ms delay bandwidth buffer
- No head-of-line blocking with virtual output Queue (VoQ)-based architecture
- Scalable, plug-and-play Ethernet fabric with Junos Fusion
- Juniper Virtualized Open Network Operating System framework for programmability through APIs
- Next-generation analytics with Cloud Analytics Engine
- Rich automation capabilities with operations and event scripts, Python, Chef and Puppet
- Virtual Output Queue (VOQ)
The QFX10000 switches support a virtual output queue (VOQ)-based architecture designed for very large deployments. VOQ refers to a queue on the egress port that is maintained by the ingress PFE. With VOQ architecture, packets are queued and dropped on ingress during congestion with no head-of-line blocking.
The QFX10000 switches support a number of features for network automation and plug-and-play operations. Features include operations and event scripts, automatic rollback, and Python scripting. The switches also support integration with VMware NSX, OpenContrail, Puppet, OpenStack, and CloudStack.
QFX10000 switches support a broad set of MPLS features, including L3 VPN, IPv6 provider edge router (6PE), RSVP traffic engineering, and LDP to allow standards-based network segmentation and virtualization.
The QFX10000 supports Layer 2 and Layer 3 gateway services that enable VXLAN-to-VLAN connectivity at any tier of the data center network, from server access to the edge. The QFX10000 integrates with NSX through data plane (VXLAN) and control and management plane (OVSDB) protocols to centrally automate and orchestrate the data center network.