The KE6912 2K DVI-D Dual Link KVM over IP Extender consists of a high performance IP-based transmitter (KE6912T) that connects to the computer and receiver (KE6912R) that provides console access from a separate location. The KE6912 allows access to a computer system from a remote USB console (USB keyboard, USB mouse, DVI monitor) over an intranet, enabling users to locate computers in a secure and temperature controlled environment, which is isolated from users' workstation.
The KE6912 supports one DVI display at each end, providing video resolutions up to 2560 x 2048 @ 50Hz and flawless and lossless video compression quality with minimal latency. The extender also supports 2K x 2K video resolution (2048 x 2048 @ 60Hz), which is used widely in the Air Traffic Control (ATC) industry.
The KE6912 supports connections via an RJ-45 port or a SFP slot. The transmitter and receiver can be connected either directly to each other or via a high-speed network, over a copper-based or fiber-based LAN, ensuring 24/7 availability of remote access to servers. To connect via the SFP slot, the extender supports 1Gbps SFP fiber module expansions, enabling connections via fiber optic network to extend transmission distances up to 10km.
The KE6912 features Power over Ethernet (PoE) function, the power can be supplied through a PoE Network Switch; therefore, eliminating the need for a power adapter and effectively reducing the power configuration cost.
The KE6912 can be set on a desk, mounted on a wall or at the rear of a rack with its space-saving 0U rack-mount design. As an IP-based matrix extender, the KE6912 can be used as a point-to-point / point-to-multipoint / multipoint-to-point extender, or integrated into a KVM over IP Matrix System (multipoint-to-multipoint) when combined with the KE Matrix Management Software (CCKM), providing more flexible applications in different working environments.
When integrated with the KE Matrix Management Software, the KE6912 supports more advanced features such as authentication lock, adaptive fast switching, connection redundancy, disconnection alert, boundless switching, "Push" and "Pull", video wall and multi-display setups, and profile scheduling that provide uninterrupted access with quick and easy control tools to use the KE6912 over a network.
More functions include auto detection of all KE Series extenders in the same subnet for the sake of fast installation or configuration, username / password authentication and authorization, and the ability to define different types of connections that can be switched and shared. Security features also provide extra protection, supporting AES encryption for secured data transmissions, while RADIUS, LDAP, AD or remote user authentication provides an added layer of connection security; moreover, with an OSD, RS-232 support, and Auto MDIX, the KE6912 is the most cost-effective and convenient way to get a full digital extension from anywhere on the intranet.
Whether you're monitoring, operating, controlling or extending computer access, the KVM over IP Matrix System is made adaptable, to fit an endless variety of working environments and workstation settings, to provide solutions in traffic management centers, retail surveillance centers, facility situation rooms, command control centers, utilities process control centers, broadcasting distribution monitoring systems, network operations centers (NOC), and many other industries where matrix extending is required.
- Supports 2K x 2K video resolution (2048 x 2048 @ 60Hz)
- Adaptive Fast Switching - automatically fast switches between different Tx video resolutions on a Rx display within 0.3 second
- Boundless Switching - simply move the mouse cursor across screen boundaries to switch between different receivers (Rx)
- "Push" and "Pull" - share content instantly to/from a single Rx or video wall by just one click
- Authentication Lock - automatically logs in when the power of the system is resumed after power off
- Connection Redundancy - automatically connects to another transmitter (Tx) after disconnection with the original Tx, ensuring constant access to servers
- Disconnection Alert - Pop-up warning message and looping alarm beeping notify users the disconnection status
- Video Walls - create multiple video walls with up to 8 x 8 (64 displays max.) in each layout
- Advanced Scheduling - improves efficiency and saves costs by allowing connections to be set based on time and date
- Virtual Transmitter - independently streams video, audio, USB, and serial sources from different Tx
- Supports both internal and external authentication - external authentication supports LDAP, Active Directory, RADIUS and TACACS+
- Advanced User Authorization Settings - administrators can set four access modes of permissions on Tx devices for collaboration or to avoid interference among users
- Configurable user and group permissions for access and control of KE devices
- Tx grouping of up to 4 sets of KE transmitters to support multi-display applications
- Rx access control - users at the Tx local console can enable / disable Rx access by simply pressing a control button