Product Id: 36904732
Description: OWC Aura Pro 6G - Solid state drive - 500 GB - internal - SATA 3Gb/s - 128-bit AES, 256-bit AES - for Apple MacBook Pro (Early 2013, Late 2013)
Mfr Part #: OWCS3DAP12R500
Get the ultimate combination of elegance and functionality in a sleek, portable external storage solution designed to complement the notebook - in both appearance and performance. Its Super-Speed USB 3.0 interface is capable of speeds up to 500 Mbps to ensure your workflow moves as fast as you do, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Its bus-powered design means no AC power adapter is required making it an ideal portable Plug and Play solution - just plug the USB cord into your computer and the envoy is ready to go.
- Reuse the factory SSD as an external storage solution
- Take your data with you - small enough to keep in a pocket or laptop case
- Easily add additional laptop storage with no AC adapter required
- DuraWrite extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Intelligent block management & wear leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD
- Intelligent read disturb management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup
- ECC protection for long data retention and drive life
- Better by design
"Mean time to failure" - We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with DuraWrite technology optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance.
- Synchronous interface NAND
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6 Gbps bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6 G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be "synced" with the SSD processor's clock signal for maximum data throughput.