Product Id: 34979359
Description: Lantronix SLC 8000 - Console server - 16 ports - GigE, RS-232 - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: SLC81162201S
Advanced Modular Console Management Appliance in 1 Rack Unit Design. Provides 16 serial ports + 16 USB ports for console connectivity depending on option. Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. Enables systems administrators to remotely monitor, manage and troubleshoot IT equipment from anywhere at any time over the Internet. Allows quality and test engineers to increase testing productivity with up to 15 concurrent connections per port. Software reversible device port pins to eliminate cable clutter. Provides port logging to local files, syslog, USB, SD card, and NFS share. Console event notifications via email. Offers web management interface with dashboard and CLI support. Integrates with Lantronix PremierWave XC HSPA+ cellular connectivity accessory. Integrates with SGX 5150 Wi-Fi connectivity accessory.
- Modular Design • Enables port scalability and interface flexibility • Provides field-upgradeable power supplies and I/O modules • Reduces time and cost required to develop and deploy IT services • Enables balanced CAPEX and OPEX management • Front-mid-rear mounting brackets
- Security and Authentication • Secure Shell (SSH v1, v2, Public Key) • Secure Sockets Layer (TLS v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2) • Packet filtering (firewall) • Per port user permissions • Configurable user rights and custom groups • Remote authentication: LDAP, Active Directory, NIS, RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+ • FIPS 140-2 compliance mode for enhanced security
- Central Management • Compatible with Lantronix’ vSLM central management solution
- Input Power Redundancy • Dual AC inlets allow for power redundancy and automatic failover • Automatic power source switchover feature monitors both AC inputs and transfers power to secondary power source if primary power is lost
- Centrally monitor, manage, and troubleshoot
Designed for system administrators, quality and test engineers, the SLC 8000 provides easy, secure administration and management of IT equipment from anywhere and at any time. Users can access the SLC 8000 device ports via Telnet/SSH, or a web browser-based console client without any proprietary software. Any IT asset that provides console or serial port management services can be managed remotely and locally with the same interface and capabilities. The SLC 8000 enables users to leverage the command line interface of most IT equipment for reconfiguring, rebooting and reloading firmware from a single point of contact. This can be done over an in-band network with dual Gigabit Ethernet connections for both public and management networks, or through out-of-band connections including dial-up and cellular connectivity. Users can securely access and control a wide variety of IT and network equipment, including Linux, UNIX or Windows servers, routers, switches, firewalls, PBXs, UPSs, and even building access devices through their serial ports.
- Modular design
The modular design of SLC 8000 allows users to keep the main unit and simply add or swap modules to expand the number of device ports, upgrade from a single power supply to dual, and easily introduce serial interfaces such as USB to support a combination of existing and IT equipment that are connected. This reduces the time required to develop and deploy services, and this flexibility minimizes capital expenditures while offering easy scalability and upgrades.
- Integrated security
Protecting IT resources is a top priority. The SLC 8000 provides security features such as SSL and SSH for data encryption in addition to remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place. For added protection, the SLC 8000 also includes firewall features to reject connection attempts or block ports and has NIST-certified AES encryption.