Product Id: 34972394
Description: Palo PANdb URL Filtering - Subscription license (3 years) - 1 device in HA pair - for P/N: PAN-PA-3220
Mfr Part #: PAN-PA-3220-URL4-3YR-HA2
URL filtering is enabled through local lookups, as well as querying the master database in the cloud. Local lookups ensure maximum inline performance and minimal latency for the most frequently accessed URLs, while cloud lookups provide coverage for the latest sites. This combination of application control and URL filtering allow you to implement flexible policies to control employee and network activity.
- Control web browsing based on category or through customized white or blacklists
- Specify your group-based web browsing policies with user repository integration provided by user-ID
- Enable SSL decryption policies by allowing encrypted access to specific web sites about topics your employees enjoy - like health, finance, and shopping - while decrypting traffic to all other sites such as blogs, forums, and entertainment sites
- Enable bandwidth control for designated categories by creating QoS policies for specified URL categories
- Customizable URL database and categories
To account for your unique traffic patterns, on-device caches store the most recently accessed URLs. Devices can also automatically query a master database in the cloud for URL category information when a URL is not found on-device. Lookup results are automatically inserted into the cache for future activity. You can also create custom URL categories.
- Customizable end-user notifications
There are multiple ways to inform your end users that they are trying to visit a web page.
- Flexible, policy-based control over web usage
To complement the application visibility and control enabled by the App-ID, you can use URL categories as a match criteria for your policies. Instead of creating policies limited to either 'allow all or block' all behavior, URL as a match criteria permits exception-based behavior. This increases your flexibility and gives you more granular policy enforcement capabilities.