Product Id: 34941736
Description: V-locity - (v. 7) - upgrade license - 1 quad sockets host - academic, volume - 100+ level - Win
Mfr Part #: 93220014
V-locity solves the two big I/O inefficiencies in virtual environments that rob 50% of bandwidth from VM (virtual machine) to storage with I/O characteristics that are much smaller, more fractured, and more random than they need to be. This "death by a thousand cuts" scenario penalizes performance of both flash or spindle storage systems. V-locity is transparent, set and forget software that solves this problem with large, clean contiguous writes and reads, so more payload is delivered with every I/O operation. In addition, V-locity further reduces I/O to storage by caching hot reads from idle, available DRAM. Nothing has to be allocated for cache since V-locity dynamically adjusts to only what is otherwise unused.
V-locity is most commonly used by virtualized organizations to address their most I/O intensive workloads as its effectiveness scales with workload intensity. Whether it's a client facing application whereby users are complaining about sluggish performance during peak load, or a back office batch job or report that is taking too long to complete, V-locity improves business efficiency without the high cost or disruption of new hardware. Since V-locity runs with near-zero overhead, the footprint on compute resources is negligible.
- Guarantees to solve the toughest application performance problems
- True "set and forget" management
- Compatible with all SAN/NAS systems
- Easily deploy to hundreds or thousands of servers with just a few clicks
- "Time saved" reporting dashboard to validate benefits
- Enterprise-wide visibility into I/O performance health from the operating system to storage