Product Id: 34051444
Description: Avocent ACS Advanced Console Server 6048 - Console server - 48 ports - GigE, RS-232 - 1U
Mfr Part #: AU637C
The Avocent ACS 6000 advanced console server series integrates cutting edge technologies, adaptive services and secure enterprise communications in order to offer IT professionals and network operations center (NOC) personnel the ability to perform secure, remote data center management and out-of-band management of IT assets from anywhere in the world. Using a hardened Linux operating system and DSView management software, the Avocent ACS 6000 provides optimal performance, security, reliability, and a complete out-of-band management solution.
The Avocent ACS 6000 advanced console server series offers upgraded and advanced features that deliver scalable and high performance solutions for IT administrators. The console server features a high-speed processor platform with dual gigabit-Ethernet ports for redundancy and optional built-in modem. In addition, they feature an internal temperature sensor for device-level monitoring and configurable pin-outs for serial ports. The Avocent ACS 6000 advanced console server also offers robust software features to meet the requirements of the most demanding data center management applications. Features include automated discovery tools to ease identification of servers, routers, switches and power devices connected to any serial port, saving time at initial configuration and installation. To comply with existing data center network access policy, the Avocent ACS 6000 advanced console server provides customizable, multiple access levels for secure management.
- Secure in-band and out-of-band network remote management
- Streamline installation and configuration with Zero Touch Provisioning
- Access to remote and unreachable locations using automatic network failover to cellular (and failback) capability
- Eliminates adaptors for Cyclades and Cisco pin-out conversions
- Compliance with data center access and security policies - customizable, multiple access levels
- Integrated power management - support for MPH2 Rack PDUs and third-party power support
- Compatible with next-generation network standards - IPv6
- Centralized management using Avocent DSView management software
- Strong dial-up and secure dial-back using optional built-in modem
- Automatic event tracking and notification of fault conditions
- Regulatory compliance and easy trouble shooting - online and off-line data logging with time stamps