Product Id: 34006410
Description: Aruba Asset Tracking Beacon - Bluetooth LE beacon (pack of 50)
Mfr Part #: JX987A
Aruba Tags are a key component of the Aruba Location Services portfolio and asset tracking solution. When used with the Aruba Meridian platform, Aruba Tags enable businesses to track valuable physical assets in their indoor and outdoor locations. Based on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology (Bluetooth 4.0), Aruba Tags provide location data for each tagged asset within the range of BLE-enabled access points. By leveraging an organization's Wi-Fi network, Aruba Tags do not require a dedicated network of readers or observers. Their design and size make them attractive in healthcare, retail, warehousing, and other industries.
Aruba Tags are small, low power wireless transmitters that broadcast 2.4GHz radio signals at regular intervals. These signals are heard by BLE-enabled access points, which act as observers and provide the sensory network. Tracking information is then sent to the Meridian cloud-based platform where location mapping allows for each asset to be viewed in its true location. The form factor of Aruba Tags makes them easy to attach to valued assets - either with optional Aruba Tag carriers or without. A 2-year battery that is sealed and enclosed ensures that no maintenance is required.
The Aruba Tags Configuration App allows items to be easily tagged, regardless of where they sit. The iOS based app allows for staff to associate photos, descriptions and labels to each asset to populate the asset tracking database. Tags can also be moved between assets and re-labeled without bringing them to a central location.
- Uses prevalent BLE asset tracking technology
- A modern Wi-Fi installation provides necessary coverage
- BLE-enabled Aruba AP's only require a firmware upgrade to support asset tracking
- Solution is scalable to thousands of assets
- 2-year maintenance free battery
- True location on map, not just general proximity
- Tags are designed to endure stringent requirements, including medical use
- Multiple attachment options support a variety of use cases and asset types