Product Id: 33727623
Description: Symantec File Share Encryption - Initial subscription license (1 year) + Support - 1 user - volume - 1-24 licenses - Win
Mfr Part #: ENC-FSE-NEW-1-25-1Y
File Share Encryption allows users to automatically and transparently encrypt individual files and folders on laptops, desktops, and file servers enabling secure sharing of protected documents, spreadsheets, graphics files and more. File Share Encryption provides client-based server encryption that can be managed via Symantec Encryption Management Server to enforce corporate data protection and key management policies.
- Allows users to transparently read, write, and share encrypted files across their organization internally and in the cloud
- By embedding encryption into the file or folder, it can be moved without losing its protection, ensuring authorized access only by those with appropriate permission
- Role separation is supported by enforcing different permission levels for users, data owners, and administrators.
- Enables Symantec Encryption Management Server administrators to enforce automatic file encryption based on application type without end-user disruption
- Protect data in collaborative space - including the cloud
Shared file servers have emerged as central collaborative tools in today's workplace and many companies now offer cloud based file sharing, enabling users to access shared information anywhere. Without proper protection, this shared data presents an easy target for those looking to maliciously gain sensitive information and an easy way for sensitive data to accidentally leak. Organizations must have confidence that data stored and shared in this way is secure and only accessible to authorized users if they are to be used as true productivity tools. File Share Encryption protects data on PCs and enables teams to securely share documents on internal and cloud based file servers by automatically and transparently encrypting files and folders based on either manual or centralized policy.
- Persistent file encryption on desktops, laptops, network, and cloud servers
With File Share Encryption, authorized users can save and share encrypted files, with no change to their applications or business practices. Administrators are able to set encryption policy so content such as documents, spreadsheets, presentations, video, and audio are automatically encrypted when produced from selected applications or sent to specific folders. Once encrypted, files and folders can be moved without jeopardizing their encrypted status, ensuring only authorized users have access to sensitive data.