Product Id: 33553557
Description: Drobo 5N2 - NAS server - 5 bays - 8 TB - SATA 6Gb/s - HDD 2 TB x 4 - Gigabit Ethernet
Mfr Part #: DRDS5A21-8TB
The Drobo 5N2 is the Next Era of Simplified Storage for your connected home or small office. The latest generation Drobo 5 Bay NAS, the 5N2 delivers an unparalleled user experience and high-performance with port bonding of 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, SSD compatibility, mSATA Accelerator Bay, secure backup, remote data access and sharing, and Disaster Recovery technology for additional peace of mind. The Drobo 5N2 is faster than previous generations, provides a level of automation usually only found in more expensive solutions, and still preserves the award-winning simplicity found in all Drobos.
- Highly scalable network storage array, with 64TB filesystem support
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity x2. Ethernet port bonding
- Holds up to 5x 3.5” SATA HDDs. Optional mSATA SSD boosts performance. Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones
- Award-winning BeyondRAIDTM automated data protection. DroboDR disaster recovery support, and internal battery backup
- Supports myDrobo Platform, DroboAccess encrypted-end-to-end remote access, and DroboPix allowing secure and automatic uploads of mobile photos and videos.
- DroboApps support, including ElephantDrive, Resilio Sync, Koken, and Plex and more.
- Capacity and performance
Usually reserved for larger enterprise-class storage solutions, the Drobo 5N2 gives you the option to implement Hot Data Caching through the Drobo Accelerator Bay. This feature intelligently uses high-performance flash to accelerate performance, allowing the fastest possible access to your data.
- Dual Ethernet ports: bond together, or failover
The 5N2 has dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. These can be bonded together to provide approximately twice the read/write performance you get via a single port. Or they can be used to provide a connection to two different subnets. Furthermore, they can be used in an "active/passive" mode so that if one port fails the other takes over.
- Drobo disaster recovery
With DroboDR you can set up a pair of 5N2s to automatically make an offsite copy of your data. Simple to set up and manage, the reliable DroboDR seamlessly replicates your data to another 5N2 ensuring data availability in case of disaster. Even better, the remote 5N2 stores all user account information so recovery is painless.
- Power protecting your critical data
The Drobo 5N2 doesn't just protect from drive failures, it also includes a battery backup system that protects all data in memory or cache. That's right, Enterprise grade data protection for you on your Drobo 5N2! If power spontaneously goes away, the Drobo stays alive long enough for the data to be written to disk, ensuring your important information is always safe. The onboard battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product.