Product Id: 33405546
Description: Drobo B810n - NAS server - 8 bays - rack-mountable - SATA 6Gb/s - Gigabit Ethernet - 3U - with 3 years DroboCare
Mfr Part #: DR-B810N-5A21-2R11
The "Drobo B810n Plus" is an enhanced NAS Drobo B810n that includes 3-Year DroboCare coverage free of charge with product registration, and a rack mount.
DroboCare extends beyond the standard hardware warranty and, if something goes wrong, Drobo will send you a replacement Drobo right away, so you'll have it as quickly as possible - even before you send back your Drobo. Drobo calls it "Advanced Replacement"; Drobo also expedites your shipment and pay for shipping both ways. With DroboCare, phone support is available 24x7, starting the day you activate DroboCare .
Please note that DroboCare does not cover failed hard drives.
- Highly scalable network storage array for small and medium business
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity x2. Ethernet port bonding.
- Holds up to 8x 3.5” SATA HDDs or SSDs solid state drives. SSD support allowing Data Aware Tiering and Hot Data Cache. Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping existing drives with larger ones
- Award-winning BeyondRAID automated data protection. DroboDR disaster recovery support and built in internal power supply
- Supports myDrobo Platform, DroboAccess encrypted-end-to-end remote access, and DroboPix allows secure and automatic uploads of mobile photos and videos.
- Includes 3-Year DroboCare coverage free of charge with product registration, and rack mount.
- SSD accelerated performance
The B810n was designed to provide all users uniform performance. Add two SSDs and you can accelerate performance for all simultaneous users. The technology uses two techniques to accelerate access to your data. Data Tiering as transactional data (small pieces of data) is read or written it is placed in SSD storage. Subsequent reads or writes to these blocks are almost instantaneous as there is no delay induced by a hard drive's magnetic head having to move into position. Active, or "hot" data, is stored in an SSD tier of storage. As it cools, i.e. access decreases, the B810n will move the data to the hard drive tier. Hot Data Cache - this is a technique to accelerate data reads. As data is read from hard drives, the B810n will prefetch nearby data that it predicts will be also be read. Your benefit is faster access and less waiting.
- Dual Ethernet ports
The B810n has dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. These can be bonded together to provide approximately twice the read/write performance you get via a single port. Or they can be used to provide a connection to two different subnets. Furthermore, they can be used in an "active/passive" mode so that if one port fails the other takes over.
- Share files with OS X, Windows, or Linux Users
Don't worry about compatibility - Drobo the B810n works with computers running OS X, Windows, or Linux operating systems. By default, the Drobo B810n uses the SMB file sharing protocol to talk to OS X or Windows. If you set up a share for Time Machine backup, it uses Apple's AFP protocol. Linux users pick which file sharing method to use on their system.
- Offsite data replication built-in
The B810n has a feature called "Drobo DR" (DR = disaster recovery). You can set up a pair of B810ns to automatically make an offsite copy of your data. This provides an easy to setup offsite backup of your important data. Even better, the remote B810n stores all user account information so that recovery is a breeze.
- Protecting your critical data from power loss
Drobo protects your data from loss in the event of a sudden power outage. This protects directory structures ensuring Drobo will remount on your computer. Drobo has a battery inside that powers RAM memory. When there is a power outage, data is stored on internal flash-based nonvolatile storage. Your data is safe until power returns. The battery recharges itself and lasts for the life of the product.
- Add customized functionality with DroboApps
DroboApps add functionality to your Drobo B810n. Whether it's cloud back up provided by either Crashplan or Elephant Drive or the video and music streaming offered through the Plex media server, these simple-to-install apps extend the capabilities of your Drobo B810n.