Product Id: 33401663
Description: Drobo B810i - Hard drive array - 8 bays (SATA-600) - Gigabit Ethernet (external) - rack-mountable - 3U - with 3 years DroboCare
Mfr Part #: DR-B810I-3A21-2R11
The "Drobo B810n Plus" is an enhanced NAS Drobo B810n that includes 3-Year DroboCare coverage free of charge with product registration. DroboCare extends beyond the standard hardware warranty and, if something goes wrong, a replacement Drobo will be sent to you right away, so you'll have it as quickly as possible - even before you send back your Drobo. Drobo calls it "Advanced Replacement"; Drobo also expedites your shipment and pay for shipping both ways. With DroboCare, phone support is available 24x7, starting the day you activate DroboCare.
Please note that DroboCare does not cover failed hard drives.
- 8 drive bays (3.5” SATA & 2.5” SSD) 4KN disk support
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet iSCSI ports plus a separate Gigabit Ethernet management port (cables provided)
- BeyondRAID for advanced data protection - Hot Data Cache & Data Aware Tiering, Thin provisioning and reclamation, Instant capacity expansion, Automatic protection (RAID) levels, Single or dual disk redundancy, Virtual hot spare
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used. No carriers or tools required
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones
- Includes 3-Year DroboCare coverage free of charge with product registration
- Pain free expansion
Expanding your storage capacity with a Drobo couldn't be easier. There's no long, risky process to add capacity to a Drobo - no need to go through the time consuming and complex administration of destroying your RAID sets and recreating with larger drives; and then finally restoring from your backup. When it's time to add storage capacity to a Drobo, simply insert additional disk drives or replace the smallest disks with larger ones. The unique, carrier-less drive-bay design results in efficient and pain free scalability that won't leave you running out of space when you need it most.
- Optimized for business
The Drobo B810i is ideal for building your first scalable backup server or expanding your storage to your existing file servers. It integrates seamlessly into your TCP/IP network infrastructure and utilizes the industry-standard iSCSI protocol to provide simple, consolidated storage for your servers.
- Rack mount ready, desktop quiet
Drobo B810i can be deployed in a server room for IT use or on a desktop for workgroup sharing of storage, thanks to its compact design and quiet operation. Dual smart fans automatically manage their speeds to optimize cooling and minimize operating noise. You can even configure Drobo to spin down drives when they're not in use to further reduce noise and save energy.
- Automated data-aware tiering
The Drobo B810i moves beyond the days of manually tuning an array for applications that have different storage requirements. Automated Data-Aware Tiering leverages high-capacity hard disk drives (HDDs) paired with high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) to deliver application-optimized storage that requires no manual tuning.