Product Id: 33348499
Description: Multi-Tech FaxFinder FF240.R2 - Fax server - GigE - analog ports: 2 - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: FF240.R2
The FaxFinder fax server is a turnkey solution that connects to an analog port(s) of a PBX capable of DID to DTMF conversion. It converts faxes to PDF or TIFF files allowing you to send faxes from any application that can print and receive faxes as e-mails, wherever you are. The solution provides distributed faxing capabilities, over a WAN, from a corporate office to small remote offices as well as to field sales people. In addition, it provides secure, convenient faxing for LAN users offering a high degree of privacy for both the sender and recipient.
- Web services API for integration with third party applications
- Utilizes DTMF to route faxes to e-mail
- Converts faxes to PDF or TIFF files
- Direct access to Microsoft Outlook address book
- Clientless fax transmission via T.37 "e-mail-to-fax" and web form
- Secure communication when employing web form, web services API and web management interface
- Build one fax of multiple documents from multiple applications for simplified management of documents
- Schedules faxes to be sent at a later time
- Archives inbound faxes to shared network storage
- Automatically prints incoming faxes (print on receive feature)
- Super G3 V.34/33.6K fax communication
- MH, MR and MMR compression
- Error Correction Mode (ECM) provides fast and reliable fax transmissions
- Web-based management provides easy configuration, firmware updates and configuration back-up from any location
- Informs user of failed transmission via e-mail
- Connects to 10/100BaseT Ethernet
- Faxes routed directly to the desktop
The FaxFinder fax server uses extra DID extensions on the T1 or E1 coming into the PBX, converts the number into DTMF tones and sends it to the fax server. The fax server answers the call, receives the fax, converts it to a PDF or TIFF file, attaches it to an e-mail, and sends it to the correct recipient. The FaxFinder provides"print on receive" functionality so users can choose to have their faxes printed automatically on receipt.
- Fax security
With the FaxFinder fax server, a small business can afford to provide the CEO, President, CFO, COO, Human resources and others with virtual private fax lines. Because faxes are delivered directly to the user's e-mail box, it offers a high degree of security for both the sender and the recipient.
- Fax completes unified messaging
The FaxFinder fax server completes the unified messaging solution by delivering faxes to one inbox. In addition, by taking headquarters fax functionality and pushing it out to the mobile sales force and remote locations, businesses can enable access to information from any location.
- Configuration and management
The FaxFinder fax server web interface provides for easy set-up and configuration. It provides the current status of fax lines, a history of past fax activity, and an archive of inbound faxes. E-mails inform the user of a failed transmission. Also, the web-based management interface allows the administrator to easily update the modem and server firmware. In addition, it allows the administrator to save/copy/restore configuration files from one fax server unit to another, saving time on installation.
- Enhanced fax features
The FaxFinder fax server utilizes Super G3 V.34 fax speeds of 33.6K bps, more than double the speed of V.17/14.4K bps fax. Support for Error Correction Mode (ECM) ensures error free faxing. Onboard fax queuing allows faxes to be queued on the server without needing the client to remain connected until the fax is sent. Non-volatile memory allows queued faxes and log information to be preserved in the event of a power failure or system reboot. With multi-action routing, faxes can be delivered to e-mail addresses, printed to network printers, archived to shared drives, or a combination of these options.