Product Id: 33251526
Description: Sonnet Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 Edition - system bus extender - 60 Watt
Mfr Part #: ECHO-EXP-SEL-T3
Today's ultra-light notebooks, mini, and all-in-one desktop computers now have tremendous processing power-power that many thought would only be possible in full-size workstation or large desktop computers. Smaller in size and more portable, they're very desirable. For pros in the creative fields, processing power alone is not enough. A prime example is the Mac Pro. Reviewers love its performance, but make a point of mentioning its lack of internal expansion capabilities compared to the old towers the model replaces. If you want to add more capabilities, think external - the Pro is loaded with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 ports, but it lacks the PCIe expansion slots necessary for you to install specialty high bandwidth NIC cards, or HBAs and RAID controller cards for high-performance storage. With the Echo Express SEL, Sonnet has created a solution that leverages the paradigm shift enabled by Thunderbolt technology, allowing PCIe expansion slots to be connected outside a computer. This very compact desktop Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe card expansion chassis is ideal for connecting one professional 16 Gb or 8 Gb Fiber Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, SAS/SATA host bus adapter or RAID controller PCIe card to any Mac with a Thunderbolt port.
Featuring 20 Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology that provides sufficient bandwidth to support many of the highest performance and most demanding PCIe cards, the Echo Express SEL delivers maximum performance when connected to a computer with Thunderbolt 2. The SEL is also fully compatible with computers with 10 Gbps Thunderbolt technology, supporting most cards at full-performance.
- Use PCIe expansion cards with computers lacking slots - use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac with a Thunderbolt port
- Thunderbolt 2 interface - maximum performance with computers with Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with host computers and other devices equipped with 10 Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Small and light - most compact Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe expansion system available, designed to fit the most popular Thunderbolt-compatible high-speed networking and storage controller interface cards
- One PCIe slot - supports low-profile card
- Two thunderbolt ports - daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer
- Remarkably quiet - temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan automatically and quietly cools the card
- Energy saver mode - powers on/off automatically with the computer
- Rugged aluminum housing - provides robust and secure protection for any environment