Product Id: 33196264
Description: Brocade SLX 9540-48S-AC-F - Switch - managed - 48 x 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit SFP+ + 6 x 100 Gigabit QSFP28 - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: BR-SLX-9540-48S-AC-F
With cloud services, 4K HD video streaming, Internet of Things (IoT), and mobile connectivity for billions of devices becoming standard, organizations must modernize the way they communicate and conduct business. In addition to consuming an enormous amount of network capacity, these services increase operational complexity just as organizations are striving to meet customer demands for greater business agility and performance. To succeed in the digital era, organizations need network platforms that allow them to simplify and speed up operations, without increasing costs. Such platforms incorporate innovative software to analyze and automate network operations, thereby reducing OpEx, and provide flexible deployment options with forwarding performance and scale to dramatically reduce CapEx.
- Enables flexible edge connectivity by cost-effectively delivering density, features, and performance optimized for data center interconnect, WAN edge, IXP, and colocation data center deployments
- Includes multiple configurations of dense 10 GbE and 100 GbE ports for diverse deployment options
- Provides carrier-class forwarding, including full IPv4/v6 switching, MPLS, VPLS, VLL, and BGP-EVPN VXLAN overlay capabilities on a single platform
- Enables customizable, real-time monitoring via the Brocade SLX Insight
- Architecture for improved troubleshooting with reduced MTTR, optimized use of off-device Big Data analytics and monitoring platforms, and intelligent automation
- Incorporates turnkey and customizable cross-domain workflow automation for the entire network lifecycle through Brocade Workflow Composer and network automation suites
- A flexible, high-performance switching platform
The Brocade SLX 9540 Switch is designed to cost-effectively deliver the performance needed to address the explosive growth in network bandwidth, devices, and services - today and well into the future. This flexible platform, powered by Brocade SLX-OS, provides carrier-class advanced features that leverage proven Brocade routing, MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, and VXLAN overlay technology currently deployed in the most demanding service provider, data center, and enterprise networks. And it is all delivered through space- and power-efficient forwarding hardware. The flexible architecture is designed for optimal operations, supporting diverse deployment options - such as data center edge, WAN edge, IXP, and colocation data center deployments - that require deep buffering for lossless forwarding, advanced MPLS, Carrier Ethernet features or VXLAN network virtualization overlays, and greater bandwidth.
- Deployment versatility with ultra-deep buffers and MPLS
The Brocade SLX 9540 is a powerful compact deep buffer data center switch, providing a cost-efficient solution that is purpose-built for the most demanding service provider and enterprise data centers and MAN/ WAN applications. The robust system architecture - supported by Brocade SLX-OS and a versatile feature set including IPv4, IPv6, MPLS/VPLS, and OpenFlow forwarding - combines with Carrier Ethernet 2.0 and OAM capabilities to provide deployment flexibility. This enables the Brocade SLX 9540 to scale from the data center edge to data center interconnect and MAN/WAN environments.
- Modular, virtualized operating system
The Brocade SLX 9540 runs Brocade SLX-OS, a fully virtualized Linux-based operating system that delivers process-level resiliency and fault isolation. Brocade SLX-OS supports advanced routing, MPLS, and Carrier Ethernet 2.0 features. It is highly programmable with support for REST and NETCONF, enabling full network lifecycle automation with Brocade Workflow Composer and turnkey automation suites. In addition, Brocade SLX-OS is based on Ubuntu Linux, which offers all the advantages of open source and access to commonly used Linux tools. Brocade SLX-OS runs in a virtualized environment over a KVM hypervisor, with the operating system compartmentalized and abstracted from the underlying hardware. The core operating system functions for the Brocade SLX 9540 are hosted in the system VM.