Product Id: 33188126
Description: Lenovo Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure - Hard drive array - 24 bays (SAS-3) - iSCSI (1 GbE) (external) - rack-mountable - 2U - with 5 Years SWMA
Mfr Part #: 6195C52
IBM Storwize V7000 for Lenovo (Machine Type 6195) is a virtualized, software-defined storage system that consolidates workloads into a single storage system for simplicity of management, reduced cost, highly scalable capacity, and high performance and availability.
Storwize V7000 offers both Large Form Factor (LFF) and Small Form Factor (SFF) 12 Gb SAS storage expansion units. LFF expansion unit supports up to 12 3.5-inch drives, while the SFF expansion unit supports up to 24 2.5-inch drives. High-performance disk drives, high-capacity nearline disk drives, and flash (solid state) drives are supported. Drives of the same form factor can be intermixed within an enclosure, and LFF and SFF expansion enclosures can be intermixed within a Storwize V7000 system.
A Storwize V7000 system scales up to 504 drives with the attachment of up to 20 Storwize V7000 expansion units. The Storwize V7000 Storage Controller Unit is shown in the following figure.
- Scalable enterprise storage with dual active/active intelligent array node canisters with 32 GB cache each for high availability and performance
- 12 Gb SAS expansion units supporting 12x 3.5-inch LFF or 24x 2.5-inch SFF drives
- Further scalability can be achieved with virtualization of external storag
- Storwize V7000 combines various IBM technologies, including thin provisioning, automated tiering, external and internal storage virtualization, clustering, replication, compression, and multiprotocol support
- VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVol) integration brings advanced storage management functions to the virtual machine level for finer VM storage service level control and policy-driven automation