Product Id: 33095018
Description: Dell Networking N4064F - Switch - L3 - managed - 48 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ + 2 x 40 Gigabit QSFP+ - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: 463-7700
The N4000 switch series offers a power-efficient and resilient 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) switching solution with support for 40GbE uplinks for advanced Layer 3 distribution for offices and campus networks. The N4000 switch series has high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads. The N4000 series includes dual internal hot-swappable 80PLUS-certified power supplies for high availability and power efficiency. The switches offer simple management and scalability via flexible user port stacking at 10 Gbps or 40 Gbps. The high-availability stacking architecture allows management of up to 12 switches from a single IP address.
- 10GbE ports using breakout cables
- Converged network support for DCB with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx, iSCSI TLV support
- Up to 672 10GbE ports in a 12-unit stack for high-density, high-availability aggregation and distribution in wiring closets/MDFs, non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations
- Dual 80PLUS-certified efficient hot swappable power supplies and redundant variable speed fan operation helps decrease cooling and power costs
- Energy-efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port
- Dell fresh air compliance for operation in environments up to 122°F (50°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments
- Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 10/40GbE switching solution for environments requiring high throughput and availability at the aggregation or core. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, all N-series switches offer the latest open-standard protocols and include technology to interface with Cisco protocol RPVST+ and devices using CDP. Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with Multi-chassis Link Aggregation (MLAG). All N-series switches support MLAG to create active/active loop-free redundancy without spanning tree. Server rooms can deliver reliable server and storage connectivity with features to help save time and avoid configuration errors. These high density 48-port 10GbE switches are ready for converged fabric requirements for SAN and LAN networks with loss-less operation for iSCSI environments with Data Center Bridging (DCB). The N4000 series is also fully tested and validated to work with Dell EqualLogic PS-series storage arrays.
- Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-series switches include Dell Networking OS 6 designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and GUI using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. This allows network administrators to maintain consistent configurations by running one OS release across all N-Series products. With USB auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key.
- Deploy with confidence at any scale
N4000 series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 1.28 Tbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 952 Mpps. Scale easily with 10/40 Gbps user port stacking supporting distances up to 100 meters. Switch stacks of up to 672 10GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly-available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with seamless redundant availability.