Product Id: 32998278
Description: Aruba AP-205H Hospitality - Wireless access point - Wi-Fi - Dual Band - in-ceiling
Mfr Part #: JW166A
The multifunctional and affordable AP-205H access point (AP) combines high-performance wireless mobility with wired Gigabit Ethernet access in a surprisingly compact device.
This compact and cost-effective dual-radio AP easily mounts to a standard data wall-box and uses the existing structured cabling system to provide secure wired and wireless network access in dormitories, classrooms, hotels, medical clinics and multitenant environments.
In addition, using a unique mount kit accessory, the AP-205H can easily be converted to a desk mounted AP to provide the same benefits for branch offices and teleworkers.
Capable of delivering high-performance Wi-Fi services to multiple rooms, the 205H simplifies RF coverage planning and reduces WLAN deployment costs. The AP-205H is built to provide years of trouble-free operation and is backed by Aruba's limited lifetime warranty.
The 205H delivers wireless data rates with 802.11ac technology leveraging two spatial MIMO streams while simultaneously supporting 2.4-GHz 802.11n clients with data rates of up to 400 Mbps. The integrated antennas of the 205H are optimized for the deployments with the AP mounted vertically on either a wall or desk. The antenna patterns are slightly directional, focusing RF energy to and from the area facing the front of the AP.
Three local Gigabit Ethernet ports are available to securely attach wired devices to your network. One of these ports is also capable of supplying PoE power to the attached device. The 205H itself receives power from either an AC-to-DC adapter accessory or from the switch it attaches to, using PoE via the uplink Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs
- The 205H can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers thread protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic
- Two devices in one
The 205H ships with everything you need to deploy it as a wall-mounted hospitality AP, attaching directly to a standard single gang data wall-box. In addition, using an optional accessory stand, the 205H can easily be converted to a desk mounted remote AP.
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
Aruba's Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) feature enables WLANs to perform at peak efficiency by minimizing interference from 3G/4G LTE networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
- Wi-Fi client optimization
To eliminate sticky client behavior while users roam, Aruba APs feature patented ClientMatch technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics from mobile devices. If a mobile device moves away from an AP or if RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers the device to a better AP.
- Quality of service for unified communication Apps
Aruba APs support priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication Apps, including Microsoft Lync with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.