Product Id: 32902960
Description: Omnitron miConverter S/GXT - Fiber media converter - GigE - 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T, 1000Base-X - SC single-mode / RJ-45 - up to 20 km - 1550 (TX) / 1310 (RX) nm
Mfr Part #: 1631-1-1W
The miConverter S/GXT Gigabit fiber to 10/100/1000Base-T media converter is ideal for mobile applications where light weight, compact size and low power are critical requirements. The miConverter S-series converter can conveniently slip into any pocket or laptop carrying case for easy portability.
This ultra-compact media converter can be USB powered, enabling fiber connectivity to locations where AC or DC power is unavailable, such as field-deployed fiber-to-the-laptop and military applications. Fiber is run directly to the laptop, where it is converted to copper UTP and connected to a laptop RJ-45 port with a standard Ethernet patch cable. Power is supplied to the media converter by the laptop's USB port using a standard USB cable, eliminating the need for an electrical outlet.
The miConverter S-series delivers Plug-and-Play set up with an RJ-45 port that auto-negotiates the speed, duplex mode and cross-over functions for laptops with 10Base-T, 100Base-TX or 1000Base-T Ethernet. LEDs provide intuitive display indicating power, network connectivity and data activity.
- Miniature Gigabit and Fast Ethernet copper to fiber media converters for mobile applications
- USB powered for portability
- Plug-and-Play capability with auto-negotiation
- Fiber port supports 1000Base-X
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000Base-T
- Supports Jumbo Ethernet frames up to 10,240 bytes
- LED indicators for power, UTP and fiber status