Product Id: 32886961
Description: Brocade 7840 Extension Switch - Switch - 24 x 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ + 16 x 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit SFP+ - desktop, rack-mountable - with 16x 16 Gbps SWL SFP+ transceivers
Mfr Part #: BR-7840-B-0001
Faced with unrelenting traffic growth across your data centers? The Brocade 7840 extension switch delivers the performance you need to stay ahead of demand, plus continuous availability and simplified management that automatically detects WAN anomalies and avoids unplanned downtime. A purpose-built data center extension solution for Fiber Channel and IP storage environments, the Brocade 7840 is designed for high-speed, secure transport of data between data centers while maintaining uptime. This enterprise-class solution enables storage and mainframe administrators to optimize and manage the use of WAN bandwidth, secure data over distance, minimize the impact of disruptions, and maintain SLAs.
- Accelerate performance over distance with excellent throughput
- Maximize replication throughput across IP ports with WAN optimization
- Secure data flows with full-line rate IPsec encryption and no performance penalty
- Speed replication and backup with latency optimization
- Avoid WAN link failure through extension trunking with lossless failover technology
- Maintain uninterrupted WAN performance through dynamic bandwidth sharing
Ensures secure transport over WAN links by encrypting data-in-flight with hardware-implemented standard 256-bit AES algorithm without a performance penalty or excessive added latency.
- Unparalleled, extremely efficient architecture
Uniquely permits the high-speed, low-latency processing of IP datagrams and Fiber Channel frames, making extension of synchronous applications possible.
- WAN-optimized TCP
This is an aggressive TCP stack, optimizing TCP window size and flow control and accelerating TCP transport for high-throughput storage applications.
- PerPriority TCP Quality of Service (PTQ)
Provides high, medium and low-priority handling of Fiber Channel and IP extension flows within the same tunnel for transmission over the WAN using autonomous individual TCP sessions per QoS priority.
- Extension trunking
Combines multiple WAN connections into a single, logical, high-bandwidth trunk, providing active load balancing and network resilience to protect against WAN link failures.
- Adaptive rate limiting
Dynamically adjusts bandwidth sharing between minimum and maximum rate limits to optimize bandwidth utilization and maintain maximum WAN performance during disruptions.
- Advanced compression architecture
Provides multiple modes to optimize compression ratios for various throughput requirements.
- FCIP Fast Write (FCIP-FW)
Accelerates SCSI write processing, maximizing performance of synchronous and asynchronous replication applications across high-latency WAN connections over any distance.
- Open Systems Tape Pipelining (OSTP)
Accelerates read and write tape processing over distance, significantly reducing backup and recovery times over distance anywhere in the world.