Product Id: 32876847
Description: Tripp Lite 18in USB to Null Modem Serial Adapter FTDI w/ COM Retention M/F 18" - Serial adapter - USB - RS-232 - black
Mfr Part #: U209-18N-NULL
The U209-18N-NULL USB to Null Modem Serial FTDI Adapter Cable (M/F) allows you to connect a DTE serial device to a computer, laptop or tablet with a USB-A port. It supports data transfer speeds up to 256 Kbps - twice as fast as a built-in serial port. It solves DCE/DTE conflicts without additional cross-wired serial cables or adapters. No external power source is required. The compact 45.72 cm (18-in.) cable tucks away in your backpack or laptop bag for use anywhere.
The hot-swappable U209-18N-NULL with built-in FTDI chipset offers COM retention. It automatically reassigns the same COM port values to each port in case the cable is disconnected or the system is rebooted.
Premium foil and braid shielding delivers reliable, error-free signal quality and protection from EMI/RFI line noise. Molded nickel-plated connectors with gold-plated contacts ensure excellent conductivity. Integral strain relief ensures the cable and connectors last a long time. Works with Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
- Converts USB Port into RS-232 Null Modem Serial Port
- Solves DCE/DTE conflicts without additional cross-wired serial cables or adapters
- Supports data transfer speeds up to 256 Kbps—twice as fast as a built-in serial port
- No external power source required
- Portable 18 in. design fits perfectly into laptop bag
- COM retention for automatic reassigning of COM values to ports in case of disconnection or reboot
- Integrated FTDI FT232RL chipset