Product Id: 32144491
Description: Fortinet FortiWLC 50D - Network management device - 4 ports - GigE, 802.11ac Wave 2 - 802.11ac - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: FWC-50D
The FortiWLC controller series optimizes traffic across infrastructure wireless access points and client devices to support high density, high performance and predictability while addressing mission-critical enterprise demands for wireless connectivity. Each FortiWLC controller supports the performance requirements of the latest 802.11ac Wave II standard by providing double the performance of the existing Infrastructure wireless controllers. These high performance controllers also include support for Virtual Cell/Single Channel technology. It works with relevant Fortinet's infrastructure access points to deliver data, voice, and video applications for small to large enterprises.
Powered by Fortinet's System Director operating system, the FortiWLC creates a unified wireless LAN environment designed to deliver seamless mobility and superior reliability. System Director optimizes client distribution and channel utilization in both single- and multichannel deployments, maximizing efficiency to make the most of available wireless spectrum. Radio frequency virtualization simplifies deployment and allows easy capacity expansion as your needs evolve.
The controller manages authentication and encryption of enterprise class infrastructure access points. You can easily extend the FortiWLC capabilities with optional software for policy enforcement and wireless intrusion prevention. As a Fortinet wireless controller, it integrates with the network management suite, which combines with System Director to bring application visibility, intelligent management and resilient wireless services to your network. It also integrates with Fortinet Connect as part of a complete BYOD and guest access solution.
- Powered by System Director OS, and supports 802.11ac Wave II access points
- Radio frequency virtualization supported by patented Virtual Cell technology
- Infrastructure-controlled, zero-loss handoffs and traffic load balancing
- Multilayered wireless LAN security: 802.1X authentication, encryption, firewall, and optional wireless IPS/IDS
- Seamless interoperability with multi-vendor network infrastructure
- Delivers highly predictable, resilient wireless services in both single- and multi-channel deployments
- Simplifies deployment and capacity expansion for your wireless network
- Offers seamless wireless mobility with superior roaming reliability
- Protects sensitive data and aids in compliance
- Supports existing technology investment