Product Id: 32129373
Description: NETSCOUT LinkSprinter 300 - Network tester
Mfr Part #: LSPRNTR-300
LinkSprinter provides complete end-to end network connectivity testing, smartphone integration, and automated cloud based reporting all with the touch of a button. LinkSprinter is used by anyone who needs a quick and simple way to validate connectivity and at a price point that fits any IT budget. Users simply connect an Ethernet cable, push a button, and instantly gain insight into destination IP, Gateway, DHCP, Switch, Link and Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection issues. The LED interface highlights problem areas, while simultaneously sending detailed report information to the user's smartphone and the cloud reporting dashboard.
- Diagnose and test Power over Ethernet (PoE), Link to the switch, DHCP connection, Gateway connection, and Internet connection
- Get VLAN, switch name, and port information via CDP/LLDP/EDP for your managed switches
- Expert network troubleshooting techniques delivered to color graded LEDs
- View, sort, and manage your network test results that are all sent through the Link-Live Cloud Service
- Get detailed test results sent directly to your email
- Access your test results through your phone's browser by connecting to the built-in Wi-Fi access point with the LinkSprinter 200 and 300
- See cable fault, distance to open, short
- Blink hub port
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
This network tester can become a PoE tester that checks to make sure you can power a phone, security camera or Access Point through a specific port. The LinkSprinter Network Tester can even run without batteries on PoE.
- Link to the switch
Perform a switch test, which will indicate the switch name and port your cable connects to. Know your available speed and duplex settings.
- DHCP connection
Confirm that the DHCP server is running and responsive. Request an IP address, get your subnet information, troubleshooting DNS, and identify the default gateway and DNS server.
- Gateway connection
Verify the gateway/router address and reachability by pinging the device three times.
- Internet connection
Confirm cloud connectivity or internal service reachability. Verify DNS server lookup and application port connectivity.