Product Id: 31944145
Description: NETGEAR ProSAFE M4300-8X8F - Switch - L3 - managed - 8 x 10/100/1000/10000 + 8 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: XSM4316S-100NES
The NETGEAR M4300 Switch Series delivers L2/L3/L4 and IPv4/IPv6 rich services for enterprise edge and SMB aggregation deployments with unrivaled ease of use: 10 Gigabit models can seamlessly stack with 1 Gigabit models within the series. Non-stop forwarding virtual chassis architectures provide advanced High Availability (HA) with hitless failover, that is, distributed link aggregation allows for load balancing and virtually zero downtime. License-free L3 feature set includes static routing, policy-based routing, RIP, VRRP, OSpiv as well as Multicast PIM routing. The NETGEAR M4300 Switch Series is ready for the future, with Software-defined Network (SDN) and OpenFlow 1.3 enabled for your network.
M4300-8X8F comes with 8 ports 10GBASE-T and 8 ports 10GBASE-X SFP+ in a half-width form factor. All 16 ports are independent and 1G backward compatible for progressive transition to 10G speeds. Ideal for server and storage aggregation: two half-width M4300 switches can be installed in a single rack space. M4300-8X8F is line-rate with 320Gbps fabric for SMB core applications as well as spine and leaf stacking architectures.
- The M4300-8X8F half-width switch provides 8-port 10GBASE-T and 8-port 10GBASE-X SFP+
- All (16) 10G ports are independent and 1G backward compatible for progressive transition to 10G speeds
- With 320Gbps non-blocking fabric, M4300-8X8F delivers L2/L3/L4 and IPv4/IPv6 rich services for virtualization (Auto-iSCSI prioritization), server / storage interconnect and SMB core applications
- Virtual Chassis stacking provides non-stop forwarding (NSF) and hitless failover for highest availability (HA)
- Two half-width M4300 10GbE models can be paired in a single rack space for redundant top-of-rack and active-active server installations
- Lifetime hardware warranty, Lifetime Next Business Day and Lifetime online technical chat for investment protection and post-sales support
- Outstanding stacking
M4300 is flexible enough for mixed stacking between 10 Gigabit and 1 Gigabit models, using any 10G port with any media type (RJ45, SFP+, DAC cables) High-availability is another key differentiator for stackable solutions: in case of a master switch failure, NSF and hitless failover ensure the standby switch takes over while forwarding plane continues to forward traffic on the operational stack members without any service interruption.
- Higher flexibility
Two half-width M4300 switches can be paired in a single rack space for redundant Top of Rack installations with Auto-iSCSI prioritization. 10 Gigabit ports are all independent and 1G backward compatible for progressive transition to 10G speeds.
- Investment protection
Line-rate spine and leaf stacking topologies offer multiple possibilities in server rooms, in branch collapsed cores or at the edge of growing networks. Even if an organization is not ready for SDN, OpenFlow support offers future-ready design for maximum investment protection.
- Secure services
With successive tiering, the Authentication Manager allows for authentication methods per port for a tiered authentication based on configured time-outs.
- Industry standard management
Industry standard command line interface (CLI), functional NETGEAR web interface (GUI), SNMP, sFlow and RSPAN. Single-pane-of-glass NMS300 management platform with centralized firmware updates and mass-configuration support.