Product Id: 31935692
Description: VMware Virtual SAN Enterprise for Desktop - (v. 6) - license - 10 CCU - VPP - level 1 (250-599)
Mfr Part #: ST6-EN-D10-C-L1
VMware Virtual SAN is radically simple, enterprise-class storage for VMware hyper-converged software solutions. Uniquely embedded in the hypervisor, Virtual SAN delivers flash-optimized, high-performance storage for hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Deploy with 2-clicks through the standard vSphere Web Client and automate management using storage policies
- Flash accelerated for high I/O throughput and low latency
- Elastically grow storage performance and capacity by adding different nodes or drives without disruption
- Lower storage TCO by deploying standard x86 hardware components for low upfront investment and by shrinking data center footprint and operational overheads
- Enable maximum levels of data protection and availability with built-in failure tolerance, asynchronous long distance replication and stretched clusters
- Single-pane-of-glass management for storage, compute and networking with advanced performance monitoring, capacity
- Kernel embedded
Virtual SAN is built into the vSphere kernel, optimizing the data I/O path to provide the ultra-high levels of performance with minimal impact on CPU and memory.
Virtual SAN minimizes storage latency by accelerating read / write disk I/O traffic with built-in caching on server-side flash devices.
- Granular non-disruptive scale-up or scale-out
Non-disruptively expand capacity and performance by adding hosts to a cluster (scale-out) or just grow capacity by adding disks to a host (scale-up).
- Deduplication and compression
Software-based deduplication and compression optimizes all-flash storage capacity, providing as much as 7x data reduction with minimal CPU and memory overhead.
- Erasure coding
Erasure coding significantly increases usable storage capacity while keeping data resiliency unchanged. It is capable of tolerating one or two failures with single parity or double parity protection.
- Quality of Service (QoS)
QoS controls, limits and monitors the IOPS consumed by specific virtual machines, eliminating noisy neighbor issues.
- Virtual SAN health service
The updated health service provides integrated hardware compatibility checks, performance monitoring, storage capacity reporting and diagnostics directly from VMware vCenter Server.
- Single-pane-of-glass management with vSphere
Virtual SAN removes the need for training and operating specialized storage interfaces. Provisioning is as easy as two clicks. VM-centric policy-based management: Virtual SAN uses storage policies, applied on a per-VM basis, to automate provisioning and balancing of storage resources to ensure that each virtual machine gets the specified storage resources and services.
- Built-in failure tolerance and advanced availability
Virtual SAN leverages distributed RAID and cache mirroring to ensure that data is never lost if a disk, host, network or rack fails. It seamlessly supports vSphere availability features like vSphere Fault Tolerance, vSphere High Availability, etc.
- Virtual SAN stretched cluster
Creates a stretched cluster between two geographically separate sites, synchronously replicating data between sites. It enables enterprise-level availability where an entire site failure can be tolerated, with no data loss and near zero downtime.