Product Id: 31463817
Description: Lenovo Flex System PCIe Expansion Node - System bus extender - for Flex System x220 Compute Node; x240 Compute Node
Mfr Part #: 81Y8983
The Flex System PCIe Expansion Node provides the ability to attach additional PCI Express cards, such as High IOPS SSD adapters, fabric mezzanine cards, and next-generation graphics processing units (GPU), to supported Flex System compute nodes. This capability is ideal for many applications that require high performance I/O, special telecommunications network interfaces, or hardware acceleration using a PCI Express GPU card. The PCIe Expansion Node supports up to four PCIe adapters and two additional Flex System I/O expansion adapters.
The PCIe Expansion Node is ideal for application environments that are written to take advantage of acceleration and visualization performance using GPUs that are connected to Flex System Compute nodes. It is also useful for environments that require specific PCIe adapter connectivity to a Flex System Compute Node.
- Support for up to four standard PCIe 2.0 adapters
- Two PCIe 2.0 x16 slots that support full-length, full-height adapters
- Two PCIe 2.0 x8 slots that support low-profile adapters
- Support for PCIe 3.0 adapters by operating them in PCIe 2.0 mode
- Support for one full-length, full-height double-wide adapter
- Support for PCIe cards with higher power requirements
- Two Flex System I/O expansion connectors