Product Id: 31257852
Description: Fortinet FortiADC 1500D - UTM Bundle - application accelerator - 10 GigE - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: FAD-1500D-BDL
This FortiGate-1500D, delivers unparalleled price/performance in a flexible appliance form factor to meet any number of enterprise deployment scenarios, such as a campus edge, data center or even branch office.
- Industry leading price/performance protection - the FortiGate-1500D achieves 80 Gbps firewall throughput that sets a new standard of price per Gbps protected traffic
- High-performance next-generation threat protection - additionally, the FortiGate-1500D provides 10 Gbps intrusion prevention and application control performance, which is five times faster than any comparable next-generation firewall
- Unparalleled processing power - FortiGate 1500D utilizes the FortiASIC NP6 network processor and CP8 content processor to provide high-speed cryptographic and content inspection services
- Optimized for complex network needs
The FortiGate-1500D includes eight 10 GbE (SFP+) and 32 GbE ports in a high-density, compact appliance form factor. As enterprises build out new or redesign data centers, network segmentation is taking a more critical role in their architecture. The segmentation may be based on perimeter architecture, services, function or regulatory requirements and effectively separates networks physically or virtually to better provide security service level agreements. Fortinet offers physical, hybrid or virtual network segmentation via its virtual domain (VDOM) capability.
- Leverages the FortiASIC Advantage
The FortiGate-1500D features the FortiASIC NP6 processor, which operates in-line with firewall and VPN functions to deliver several key benefits. These include wire-speed firewall performance at the network edge for any size packets, including IPv4 and IPv6; processing headroom to support NAT 46, NAT64, or NAT66; VPN control and provisioning of wireless access points (CAPWAP), and generic routing encapsulation (GRE) acceleration; anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation; and traffic shaping and priority queuing. All of this allows for high-performance protection, while eliminating performance bottlenecks.