Product Id: 31027361
Description: Avocent HMX 5000 - KVM / audio / USB extender - 1U
Mfr Part #: HMX5100R-001
The Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system is designed for organizations that need to provide workers the ability to seamlessly access and share one or more computing resources which are physically separated from their work environment. This solution provides users an "at-the-desktop" experience from their work stations to any appliances, PCs or computing resources attached to the HMX IP network. This real-time, high-quality "at-the-PC" user experience is perfect for demanding environments such as pre and postproduction editing, control rooms and collaborative environments.
Today, the Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system empowers the command centers of major hydroelectric plants; streamlines the editing of Hollywood blockbusters and is used in production environments by a vast majority of major broadcasting television and cable networks. In these and other cases, the Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system enables organizations to improve employee productivity, reduce IT costs and, ultimately, produce better business results for their customers.
The Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system is the ideal solution for these demanding environments. The solution can be easily deployed over a local area network (LAN). It supports a comprehensive range of peripherals including DVI-I video, digital audio, USB mass storage, keyboard and mouse and other USB devices.
The Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system is ideal for the enterprise market bringing a robust set of administrative tools with the Avocent HMX Advanced Manager Solution. The Avocent HMX Advnaced Manager Solution provides administration and connection-management control from a central location, enabling the desktop administrator to effectively and efficiently manage the computing resources without compromising the user experience.
- Eliminates distance limitations within the LAN - allows computers and users to be located anywhere on the network
- High-quality DVI video and digital audio - for intensive graphic and audio applications
- Centralized management - via a single console, including access, desktop pooling and reporting
- Centralized, user-rights management - HMX system allows user administration and authentication through AD, LDAP, TACACS+, RADIUS, RSA SecureID and NT
- Greater security - 128bit AES encryption for secure access
- No dedicated cabling - removes the need for dedicated cabling between user and computer
- Digital DVI video - up to 2560 x 1600or dual sessions at 1920 x 1200 each
- USB support - USB media and most other USB devices including USB keyboard/mouse