Product Id: 30978131
Description: Fortinet FortiSwitch 248D-FPOE - Switch - managed - 48 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 x Gigabit SFP - rack-mountable - PoE+ (370 W)
Mfr Part #: FS-248D-FPOE
FortiSwitch Secure Access switches deliver outstanding security, performance and manageability for threat conscious small to mid-sized businesses, distributed enterprises and branch offices. FortiSwitch Secure Access switches can be managed directly from the familiar FortiGate interface. This single pane of glass management provides complete visibility and control of all users and devices on the network, regardless of how they connect. When a device connects to a Secure Access Switch Ethernet port, it is first identified, and then the user is authenticated. Once authenticated, access to the network is granted based on pre-defined security policy from the FortiGate, ensuring secure network access across the enterprise, without impacting the user experience.
- Suitable for wire closet and desktop installations
- Devices are identified and users authenticated prior to being granted access to the network
- Centralized security management and reporting from FortiGate interface
- Up to 48 ports in a compact 1 RU form factor
- Power over Ethernet capable, including PoE+
- Ideal for converged network environments
- Enables voice, data and wireless traffic to be delivered across a single network
- Simple network deployment
The Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability enables simple installation of wireless access points and IP phones in the network, with power and data being delivered over the same network cable. There is no need to contract electricians to install power for your PoE capable devices anymore, reducing your overall network TCO.
- Single management framework
Reduces complexity and decreases management cost with network security functions managed through a single console.
- Single policy provisioning
The same security policy can apply to a user or device regardless of how or where they connect to the network. Enables access to certain network ports based on the role of a user within the organization, such as in shared conference rooms or engineering facilities.
- Centralized authentication
All users are authenticated against the same user database, regardless of whether they connect to the wired or wireless network, including temporary guest users.
- Role-based ports
Enables access to certain network ports based on the role of a user within the organization, such as in shared conference rooms or engineering facilities.