Product Id: 30906105
Description: Juniper Networks MPC2E-3D-NG-IR-B - Expansion module
Mfr Part #: MPC2E-3D-NG-IR-B
The NG-MPC2 is single-slot modules for Juniper Networks MX240, MX480, MX960, MX2010, and MX2020 3D Universal Edge Routers. The modules support a broad set of business, mobile, and residential applications, including high-speed provider edge, business services, residential multiplay, hub/head-end connectivity, and intra/inter data center applications.
The NG-MPC2 uses the latest programmable Junos Trio chipset, which features an upgraded CPU and increased memory to provide powerful routing, switching, and services capabilities, including line-rate forwarding, hierarchical quality of service (QoS), integrated video quality assurance, flow monitoring, load balancing, and Network Address Translation (NAT). Both modules support a complete set of Juniper Networks Junos operating system-based Layer 2, Layer 2.5, and Layer 3 features, and both host two Modular Interface Cards (MICs) for flexible high-density Ethernet and time-division multiplexing (TDM) network connectivity.
The NG-MPC2 also supports Junos Continuity, a DevOps-style enhancement to the Junos OS that enables the introduction of new hardware into the MX Series routers by simply loading device drivers and support software, avoiding the need to update the entire OS and restart the router. Junos Continuity helps users avoid costly qualification testing and downtime while introducing new hardware to the network faster.
- Increased processing power and memory use the latest programmable Junos Trio chipset
- High port density per chassis and per rack maximizes network and capital efficiency
- Line-rate performance and service capacity scale linearly as cards are added
- Highly efficient inline services help reduce CapEx and OpEx and simplify service design
- Advanced QoS features support a mix of high- and low-priority traffic, steady-state and bursty traffic
- A single card for business, residential, metro, and data center applications simplifies operations
- "Mix and match" interfaces increase service flexibility while conserving precious slot space
- Configuration scripts simplify deployments and ensure that networks comply with business rules
- Operations scripts increase efficiency and enhance productivity by automating manual tasks
- Network scripts automate responses to leading indicators and events to reduce downtime
- Junos Continuity removes the complexity, cost, and risk associated with new hardware additions
- It reduces technical and operational burdens on technical personnel
- It also helps bring new MPCs online quickly and nondisruptively
- NG-MPC2 and NG-MPC3 both meet or exceeds global regulatory requirements
- They also reduce environmental impact associated with equipment manufacturing and disposal
- High-scale -Q card variants are ideal for mobile and residential broadband deployments
- Ability to enable full-queuing functions at reduced scale for non-queuing cards supports a wide variety of enterprise, cloud, and residential market requirements