Product Id: 30884055
Description: HPE 3PAR 8400 Virtual Copy Drive - License - 1 drive
Mfr Part #: L7B82A
Built on thin copy technology, HP 3PAR Virtual Copy is a reservationless, non-duplicative, copy-onwrite software product that allows you to protect and share data from any application, affordably. Snapshots are available on demand, instantly, in read-only and/or read-write form. With Virtual Copy, snapshots are reservationless because capacity is never reserved up-front and non-duplicative since changed data is never duplicated within the snapshot tree.
Coupled with consistency groups and support for hundreds of snapshots per base volume, Virtual Copy efficiency delivers affordable, CDP-like rapid application recovery from multiple points in time. With a single command, you can revert a base volume to any selected snapshot-without impacting other snapshots in the tree. And when you delete a snapshot, this never affects peer snapshots.
Virtual Copy also integrates with HP 3PAR Autonomic Groups and HP 3PAR Scheduler-both features which are built into the HP 3PAR Operating System-to automate the creation and deletion of virtual copy snapshots while giving users fine-grained control over the process. When used in conjunction with Autonomic Groups, Scheduler automates the creation of virtual copy snapshots across multiple boot and data volumes with full write consistency across all these different volumes. In combining these software capabilities, storage management is automated to reduce administration time and decrease the chance of human error
- Snapshots available instantly, in read-only and/or read-write form
- Developer-controlled mySnapshot functionality securely replaces/refreshes selected snapshots to speed development without burdening storage administrators
- Support for consistency groups assures data integrity across volumes
- Reservationless snapshots. Fine-grained capacity consumed only for changed data
- Thin copy-on-writes. Changed data is never duplicated within a snapshot tree
- Snapshots of snapshots for fast, flexible sharing of data sets without the need for additional base volumes
- Revert to any snapshot with a single command, at any time
- 256 read/write and 500 read-only snapshots per virtual volume. Affordable CDP-like rapid application recovery from multiple points in time
- Thin copy-on-write technology and massive parallelism mean little to no performance impact
- Freely delete snapshots without affecting peer snapshots