Product Id: 30744005
Description: Juniper Networks ACX Series 5048 - Router - 10 GigE, 40 Gigabit LAN
Mfr Part #: ACX5048-AC-L2-L3
Juniper Networks ACX Series Universal Access Routers are Juniper's response to a shift in metro network architecture where the access and aggregation layer is extending the operational intelligence from the service provider edge to the access network. The ACX Series simplifies access and aggregation architectures by eliminating unnecessary layers and network overlays, dramatically reducing CapEx and OpEx. Based on architectural simplification and cost reduction, service providers and enterprises can adopt the true universal access paradigm enabled by the ACX Series.
- Flexible deployment options over Ethernet or IP/MPLS infrastructure
- True pay-as-you-grow model for in-service upgrade from 1GbE to 10GbE interfaces
- High availability features such as multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG), unified inservice software upgrade (unified ISSU), and Virtual Chassis
- Environmental or temperature hardened designs (on most models) and low power consumption, enabling deployment in extreme temperature situations such as in outside cabinets and remote points of presence (POPs)
- Built-in service engine to enable SDN-based programmability such as advanced SLA management
- Inline advanced security services such as IPsec, Network Address Translation (NAT), Media Access Control Security (MACsec), and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) management on select models
- Highly scalable and reliable hardware-based timing technology based on Juniper's intellectual property, that meets the strictest LTE-A requirements for frequency and phase synchronization to enhance quality of experience (QoE) for mobile broadband
- Rapid deployment capabilities via Juniper Networks Junos Space Network Management Platform and zero touch provisioning (ZTP) solutions that minimize installation, provisioning, and network management costs
- Integrated high precision timing
The ACX Series incorporates highly scalable and reliable hardware-based timing technology, based on Juniper Networks intellectual property that meets the strictest LTE-A requirements for frequency and phase synchronization. Providing an accurate timing reference is one of the most significant technical and operational challenges for deployment of LTE radio access networks. ACX Series routers support Synchronous Ethernet for frequency as well as Precision Time Protocol (PTP) for both frequency and phase synchronization. Furthermore, the ACX Series allows Synchronous Ethernet and PTP to be used in a hybrid mode for the highest level of frequency (10 ppb) and phase (<500 nS) accuracy required for LTE-A. The ACX500, ACX500-O, and ACX500-O-PoE also provide an integrated GPS receiver and can act as grandmaster (GM) clock for a distributed PTP implementation, making them an ideal choice for the aggregation of small cell traffic when the backhaul is transported over the Internet.
- Advanced security services
One of the significant challenges in the roll out of small cells is to address the security threats from easily accessible locations. The ACX500 enables advanced security services such as IPsec, MACsec, NAT, and TPM to protect against potential vulnerabilities to the network as well as subscriber traffic. Hardware acceleration through a purpose-built services engine enhances the scalability of these computational-intensive services to support a large-scale small cell deployment.
- Enhanced service assurance, sla management and ethernet OAM
The ACX Series routers provide the most comprehensive set of features. Using 802.3ah, 802.1ag, Y.1731, Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) and RFC2544, mobile operators and wholesale service providers can make sure that the services being offered through ACX Series routers are meeting the desired service-level agreements.
- Environmental hardened design
Most of the ACX Series models such as ACX500, ACX1x00, and ACX2x00, are temperature hardened and support passive cooling for outdoor deployments in extreme weather conditions. The ACX500-O and ACX500-O-PoE are based on environmentally hardened, ruggedized chassis and are IP65 compliant for outdoor deployments with no need for an enclosure or cabinet. These are designed to be pole or strand mounted alongside outdoor small cells.