Product Id: 30451741
Description: Fortinet FortiWan 1000B - Load balancing device - GigE - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: FWN-1000B
Fortinet's FortiWAN intelligently balances Internet and intranet traffic across multiple WAN connections, providing additional low-cost incoming and outgoing bandwidth for the enterprise and substantially increased connection reliability. FortiWAN is supported by a user-friendly UI and a flexible policy-based performance management system. It provides a unique solution that offers comprehensive multi-WAN management that keeps costs down as well as keeping customers and users connected.
- Increase Internet bandwidth
- Increase site-to-site bandwidth
- Improve reliability / availability
- Reduce bandwidth costs
- Optimum routing to prioritize traffic for mission-critical applications
- Automatic failback or failover of WAN links to ensure continuity of traffic flows
- Multi-homing to improve response times and availability for incoming requests
- Virtual servers for simple server load balancing and high availability
- GE fiber connectivity to LAN services
- Comprehensive usage and quality reporting
- Increase network performance
FortiWAN intelligently aggregates multiple broadband or leased access lines to significantly increase Internet access performance. FortiWAN load balances Internet service requests, optimally distributing traffic across all available access links. Seven different load balancing algorithms provide the flexibility to maximize productivity from any network scenario.
- Inbound access load balancing
FortiWAN also load balances service requests from Internet users accessing Enterprise-hosted web, email or VPN servers. Multiple links, and media can be utilized without complex interfaces or programming with your service providers. Bandwidth can be added and removed quickly and easily.
- Site-to-site WAN connectivity
FortiWAN gives you high-performance inter-site connectivity without the need to lease expensive links such as T1 and T3. FortiWAN aggregates multiple low-cost Internet access links to create site-to-site Virtual Private Line (VPL) tunnels for LAN-like performance between company locations. By using multiple carriers and media, reliability of these VPL tunnels can exceed that of traditional engineered carrier links.
- Tunnel routing
Inter-site tunnels can be created from fractional, full, multiple and fractions of multiple WAN links. Applications requiring large single-session bandwidth such as video conferencing or WAN optimization can use multiple links to build the bandwidth needed.