Product Id: 30209614
Description: Plugable USB3-HUB10C2 - Hub - 10 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 - desktop
Mfr Part #: usb3-hub10c2
Expand USB connectivity by connecting up to ten USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable desktop, laptop, or tablet computer. The hub supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5 Gbps (640 MBps) to allow data to move quickly between devices, ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
With USB ports on both the front and the rear, along with two flip-up ports that swivel to a vertical position to allow easy insertion of devices, this hub is perfect for minimizing desktop cable clutter.
USB has become more than a way of connecting devices to a computer with plug and play ease and high performance, it has also become the method of choice to power and charge a range of battery-powered devices from headsets and controllers to phones and tablets. Some of those mobile devices have adopted proprietary mechanisms to draw more power than USB 3.0 was designed to allow, which has caused confusion about charging.
That is being solved by the Battery Charging (BC 1.2) Standard - when both the device and the hub/charger are BC Standard compliant, it can charge at a faster rate in a standard way.
The Plugable USB3-HUB10C2 is among the first of USB 3.0 hubs that does everything existing USB hubs do, plus has support for the Battery Charging Standard (BC 1.2) on the two flip-up ports. So it's a no-compromise solution for both gaining extra USB ports and for charging the newer generation of BC 1.2 compliant devices. Both charge and sync (CDP) and dedicated charging (DCP) are supported along with support for other proprietary charging signals when being used as a stand-alone charger if the phone or tablet also supports these modes.
- 10-port USB 3.0 self powered hub with robust 48 W (12 V, 4 A) UL certified power adapter
- Sleek piano black glossy finish with 6 front ports and 4 rear ports (2 flip-up vertically) to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility
- USB over-current protection supporting up to 900 mA per port
- Supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed devices (rates up to 480 Mbps), and USB 1.1 Full/Low Speed devices