Product Id: 29996292
Description: IOGEAR USB Smart Card Reader - SMART card reader - USB
Mfr Part #: GSR212
IOGEAR's USB Common Access Card Reader is the perfect solution for most civilians as well as non-military government workers who need everyday secure access. Common Access Card (CAC), or Smart Card, readers are often used as a communications medium between the EMV smart card and a host (e.g. a computer, a point-of-sale terminal, network login, etc.) in secure systems such as those used by government, banking and health care. Extremely popular nowadays, Smart Cards are the next generation of secure and user friendly identification. Embedded with a chip, that permits data access to delegated computer systems, and a programmed PIN, security of both Smart Cards users and computer systems are ensured. The combination of the small size and IC make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications.
Unlike the magnetic strips found on traditional credit cards, the EMV cards uses multiple layers of security. The chip and pin technology provides higher security by storing more encrypted data, avoiding data breach. IOGEAR's USB Common Access Card Readers (Non-TAA) uses a contact system where the card must be inserted directly into the card reader; this type of reader is less prone to misalignment and eliminates the possibility of being misread. When it comes to secure access, the Common Access Card (or Smart Card) is an evolutionary step in convenience and security.
- Support EMV Level 1 specification
- Designed for use with CAC middleware (not included)
- Supports PC Smart Card industry standard - PC/SC version 1.0/2.0
- ISO7816 implementation - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- Support T0, T1 protocol
- EMV 4.1 compliant
- Supports popular memory cards including: SLE 4404, 4418, 4428, 4442, 4443, and I2C
- Support short APDU and extended APDU
- Compatible with Microsoft USB-CCID driver
- Compliant with USB CCID Transport Specification Rev 1.1
- Low power consumption
- Display function: LED display to show system operation and power status
- Dual Multi-protocol Smart Card Interface: Main Card & Auxiliary Card
- Compliant with ISO 7816, EMV2000, GIE-CB and WHQL Standards.
- Asynchronous Protocol T=0 & T=1, with Direct and Inverse Modes.
- Supports CPU-based cards with ISO 7816 T=0 and T=1protocol and 2 and 3 wire Memory Cards or 12C interface
- synchronous card
- Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, and secure network login