Product Id: 29972148
Description: ICY Dock ToughArmor MB998SP-B - Storage drive cage - 2.5" - matte black
Mfr Part #: MB998SP-B
Not all devices are created equal, and this can be seen with the ToughArmor M998SP-B which skews the realm of possibilities. It boasts the ability to house an unprecedented 8 x 2.5" SATA drives with 7mm height into a single 5.25" drive bay, making it the ultimate solution for storage dense applications. The unique hot-swappable 2.5" EZ Slide Nano trays let you painlessly and quickly swap out drives. Dual 40mm fans keep your drives nice and cool while ventilated openings located on the front and sides maximize airflow. The MB998SP-B features a heavy duty full metal housing which is commercially designed for Medical & Military systems, IPC, enterprise, and industrial settings.
- Heavy duty full metal construction with commercially designed for Medical & Military systems
- Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies
- Perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements
- Fits 8 x 7mm 2.5" SATA hard drives or SSD's in a single 5.25" bay for high performance
- RAID applications
- Dual 40mm fans keep your drives from overheating
- Requires only 2 x 15pin power connectors to power all 8 bays
- Drive label plugs to keep track of your RAID drives
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive
- Installed in the bay
- Eagle-hook lock system keeps drives secured within the enclosure
- Removable tray system for easy maintenance
- Supports SATA 6Gbps and hot swap
- Supports SATA and SATA power cables with locking latch design
- Countless options in a single bay
Utilizing the standard 5.25" bay form factor, the compact design allows the cage to be used in various applications such as advanced RAID. With the MB998SP-B it's possible to build dual RAID 5 or RAID 10 arrays or use 4 drives in a high performance RAID 0 array plus two RAID 1 arrays for backups. The MB998SP-B is extremely useful for workstations, compact servers, gaming rigs, home servers or HTPC's due to its high capacity and space saving design. It is also perfect for users that need non-RAID JBOD storage to save different content in different drive locations. It supports a wide-range of applications which makes the MB998SP-B invaluable. Using the EZ Slide Nano trays makes drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. For drive security, the Eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure your hard drives will not eject when not needed. The trays are designed to accommodate 7mm height hard drive and SSD, creating a 2.5" hot swap bay for any standard SATA hard drives and SSDs.
Ensuring the safety of your valuable data is the foundation to any good system build or design. The MB998SP-B is capable of holding up to the most demanding environments with its heavy duty full metal construction in the entirety of the body and its smaller components. The ToughArmor's full metal design is also perfect for industrial and medical devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to already comply with flammability requirements. An all metal design also dissipates heat from the hard drives to the backplane cage resulting in cooler drives. Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) and EMI grounding are used to ensure a stable environment for the hard drives or SSD's used, dramatically improving reliability.
- Packed with features
Bringing more utility your hard drives or SSDs, LED's are installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide individual drive status information at all times. Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED and the cooling fan to be active only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. When the unit does power up, two 40mm cooling fan placed strategically behind the rear panel provide airflow throughout the entire cage cooling all 8 bays effectively and efficiently.