Product Id: 29908306
Description: Brocade VDX 6940-36Q - Switch - L3 - managed - 24 x 40 Gigabit QSFP+ (breakout compatible) - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: BR-VDX6940-24Q-AC-R
Brocade VDX switches are designed to help organizations stay ahead of application-driven network change by enabling agile growth through a scale-out architecture. This approach offers three key benefits. First, it enables network expansion as a business grows over time. One can horizontally scale spine switches as the number of leaf switches increase. Second, scale-out architecture also enables the creation of resilient network fabrics, eliminating a single point of failure and potential downtime. Third, and most important, a scale-out network architecture delivers a compelling economic benefit. Unlike scale-up, a scale-out model lowers upfront investment. And by using highdensity fixed switches, it lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), reducing power, cooling, and data center space.
The Brocade VDX 6940-36Q is a fixed 40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) optimized switch in a 1U form factor. It offers 36 40 GbE QSFP+ ports and can be deployed as a spine or leaf switch. Each 40 GbE port can be broken out into four independent 10 GbE SFP+ ports, providing a total of 144 10 GbE SFP+. Deployed as a spine, it provides possibilities to connect either 40 GbE or 10 GbE uplinks from leaf switches. By deploying this highdensity, compact switch, administrators can reduce their TCO through savings on power, space, and cooling. The 10 GbE and 40 GbE ports can be mixed, offering flexible design options to cost-effectively support demanding data center and service provider environments. The Brocade VDX 6940-36Q offers Ports on Demand (PoD). Compared to classic Ethernet architectures, Ethernet fabrics allow all paths to be active and provide greater scalability - while reducing management complexity.
- Delivers zero-touch scale-out through auto-forming fabric based on Brocade VCS Fabric technology
- Offers high 10 GbE and 40 GbE density in a fixed form factor
- Delivers optimized packet buffer and latency for better application performance
- Seamlessly unifies physical and virtual resources with Brocade VCS Gateway for NSX
- Manages an entire multitenant Brocade VCS fabric as a single switch
- Enables efficiently load-balanced multipathing at Layers 1, 2, and 3, as well as multiple Layer 3 gateways
- Provides open programmability and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) choice with a plug-in for OpenStack, support for REST APIs, and OpenFlow 1.3 and DevOps integration for Puppet and Python
- Zero-touch scale-out
VCS fabric automation (zero-touch provisioning, self-forming trunks, logical chassis) enables administrators to add, move, and delete capacity automatically.
- Integrated resiliency
Multipathing at Layers 1, 2, and 3 provides resiliency at every network layer.
- Simplified operation
VCS fabrics offer a single point of management.
- Compelling economics
Organizations can reduce OpEx by 50 percent and increase network utilization by 100 percent with Brocade VCS fabrics integrated with Brocade VDX switches.