Product Id: 29866476
Description: Cisco 2520 Connected Grid Switch - Switch - managed - 8 x 10/100 (PoE) + 16 x SFP + 2 x combo Gigabit SFP - desktop, rack-mountable - PoE
Mfr Part #: CGS-2520-16S-8PC=
The Cisco 2520 Connected Grid Switch (CGS 2520) is a rugged Ethernet switch designed for use in transmission and distribution (T&D) power substations. The CGS 2520 uses Cisco IOS software, which is the operating system powering millions of Cisco switches and routers worldwide.
- Rugged design for T&D power substations, including compliance with IEC-61850-3 and IEEE 1613 specifications for extended environmental, shock/vibration, and surge ratings
- Compact 1RU (rack unit), 19" network rack mountable switch with support for reverse cabling
- Dual LEDs on front and back of switch to provide ease of monitoring and troubleshooting
- Easy setup and management using the Cisco configuration professional graphical user interface and supporting management tools
- Easy switch replacement with the connected grid swap drive feature
- High availability, deterministic QoS behavior, and reliable security using Cisco IOS software
- Smartport templates that implement recommended software configurations for T&D substation applications at the touch of a button
- Hardware support for IEEE1588v2, a precision timing protocol with nanosecond-level precision for precise timing applications
- Improved ring and hub-and-spoke resiliency with the support of Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) and Flexlink
- Transparent IT integration with the support of Layer 3 routing protocols
- Hardware-based security with IEEE 802.1AR that cryptographically binds security credentials to the CGS 2520 during manufacturing
- Rugged design for substation compliance
Compliant with IEEE 1613 and IEC-61850-3 substation standards for rugged design. Convection cooled with no moving parts or fans for maximum reliability and reduced network outages.
- Network security
Advanced Cisco IOS software features such as 802.1x, Layer 2-Layer 4 access control lists (ACLs), port security, protected port/private VLAN, UNI/ENI default control traffic shut down and configuration file security to prevent unauthorized network access and reduce operational costs of securing the network.
- High availability and redundancy
Advanced Cisco IOS software features such as REP and Flexlink provide fast re-convergence in ring and hub-and-spoke topologies, minimizing network downtime and associated costs. Field-replaceable components such as power supplies and SFPs reduce redeployment time.
- Ease of use
Intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) in Cisco configuration professional simplifies configuration of switches and reduces training time and costs. Utility focused enhancements have been added to further increase ease of use. Smartport templates provide one-touch global and port-level macros to simplify switch deployments.
- Energy efficiency
The CGS 2520 architecture provides energy-saving features that include high efficiency power supplies are provided with each platform and no fans which reduces overall power consumption.