Product Id: 29816039
Description: QLogic 57840S - Network adapter - 10Gb Ethernet x 4 - for PowerEdge R620, R630, R720, R720xd, R730, R730xd, R920, R930
Mfr Part #: 540-BBEV
QLogic now offers a quad-port Network Daughter Card (NDC) with four 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) connectivity ports for Dell PowerEdge 12G rack servers. This network adapter leverages QLogic's long-standing industry leadership in Ethernet, providing high levels of performance, efficiency, and scalability for the enterprise data center.
For more effective utilization of the 10GbE bandwidth, the QLogic 57840S-based NDC offers Switch Independent Partitioning, which enables the segmentation of each 10GbE port into two virtual ports with flexible allocation of bandwidth to each port. This allows IT organizations to improve resource utilization while lowering infrastructure and operational costs.
- Delivers full line-rate 10GbE performance across all ports
- Consolidates network traffic and storage traffic over converged 10GbE connections
- Enables provisioning of 10GbE ports for greater deployment flexibility through Switch Independent Partitioning
- Boosts host CPU efficiency with hardware offload for network (TCP/IP) and storage (FCoE/ iSCSI) data traffic
- Streamlines administrative tasks with Broadcom Advanced Control Suite (BACS) management application and integration into Dell's embedded management framework (iDRAC7 and Lifecycle Controller)
- Improves reliability and interoperability - leverages Broadcom's market-proven Ethernet architecture and software