Product Id: 29775706
Description: Opengear CM7116-2-DAC - Console server - 16 ports - GigE, RS-232 - 1U
Mfr Part #: CM7116-2-DAC-US
The Opengear CM7100 is a feature-rich console server that simplifies out-of-band management for your network, server and power infrastructure in data centers and remote sites. Powerful monitoring, diagnostics and remediation features enable efficient recovery from infrastructure fault conditions and maximize uptime. An intuitive dashboard with proactive alerting provides network and IT administrators with real-time status of the core infrastructure.
- Class leading performance and features - the best value console server
- 16 serial ports, out-of-band management of network and server devices
- Simple straight-through cabling to Cisco-style serial consoles
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet and dual AC power supplies for built-in redundancy
- Audit trail logging to embedded 4 GB local storage or remote log server for troubleshooting and compliance
- AAA including Active Directory and TACACS+ integration, lock down access per-user and group
- Environmental monitoring with optional EMD5000 module, Nagios and SolarWinds integration
- Unified power management of PDU and UPS equipment from 100+ vendors
- Console management raised to a new level with Smart OOB
- Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) automation over the network, without manual user interaction
- Smart OOB for advanced console management
The CM7100 extends beyond traditional out-of-band management. Proactively detects faults before they become failures. Monitors and logs systems health and physical environmental conditions. Monitors and controls UPS and power status (disruptions, surges, power cycling). Beyond devices - monitors temperature, humidity, motion, water, door access. Alert operators and undertake pre-set complex actions depending on what is detected.
- More features, better value
Advanced monitoring notifies you of server kernel panics, network console warnings, unplugged cables and environmental alarms. Alerts can be automatically escalated for protracted outages, and pre-set complex remedial actions taken, depending on what is detected. 4 GB embedded storage stores console session logs for audit and troubleshooting. TFTP server for remote backup and restore of managed device configuration, OS upgrades and recovery.
- Built-in redundancy, reliability and flexibility
Dual AC feed inlets and dual internal power supplies support automatic failover for increased uptime. Dual USB ports allow attachment of peripherals like additional storage and USB consoles. Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports facilitate connections to both primary and secondary networks.
- Strong security, granular access control
The CM7100 supports Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, RADIUS and TACACS+ enterprise AAA systems. Default-deny security policies lock down remote access to permitted users and groups. FIPS 140-2 validated encryption for military grade applications and supports encryption of sensitive management traffic via HTTPS, SSH and VPN, including OpenVPN and IPsec.