Product Id: 29703371
Description: StarTech.com 2 Port PCI Express SATA III 6Gbps RAID Card w/ 2 mSATA Slots - Storage controller (RAID) - 4 Channel - SATA 6Gb/s / mSATA low profile - 6 Gbit/s - RAID 0, 1, 10, JBOD - PCIe 2.0 x4
Mfr Part #: PEXMSATA3422
Combine SSD performance with HDD capacity to create a HyperDuo array with 2 x mSATA and 2 x SATA drives through a single PCI Express slot. The PEXMSATA3422 PCI Express SATA Card helps you improve the overall speed and storage capacity of your computer by giving you multiple 6 Gbps SATA connections for connecting high-performance SSDs (Solid State Drives) and hard drives in a HyperDuo array. Now, you can easily add two mSATA slots and two SATA III ports to your computer through a single PCIe x4 slot.
Featuring HyperDuo technology, the SATA card offers SSD auto-tiering which lets you balance the performance advantages of SSD storage with the cost-effectiveness and large capacity of standard hard drives. By combining SSD and HDD drives into a single volume (up to 3 SSD + 1 HDD), HyperDuo discreetly works in the background to identify and move frequently accessed files to the faster SSD drive(s) for improved data throughput - up to 80% of SSD performance! (Note: The HyperDuo automatic storage tiering feature is compatible with computers that use a BIOS.)
This versatile RAID controller card helps to relieve the internal space constraints often associated with multi-drive configurations by letting you install two mSATA SSDs directly to the card via convenient, latching slots. With dual mSATA slots, as well as two internal SATA ports, the card offers an effective hardware RAID solution, with native RAID (0, 1) support.
The PCIe SATA controller also offers Port Multiplier (PM) support, so you can connect multiple SATA drives to just one port, for a total of 7 drives (up to 4 drives through PM on one port, plus a single drive to the other SATA port and two mSATA slots).
For added versatility, the controller card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
- Supports HyperDuo SSD auto-tiering, merging SSD performance with HDD capacity
- 2 mSATA SSD slots and 2 AHCI SATA III ports through PCI Express
- Supports hardware RAID 0, 1, and 1+0 modes
- Fully compliant with SATA 3.0 specifications and backward compatible with SATA I/II drives
- Port Multiplier FIS-based and command-based switching supported
- Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 standards
- Supports TRIM command with compatible SSD and Operating System
- Supports Native Command Queuing and ATA/ATAPI commands
- On-board latching mSATA slots - SSD installation with no screws required
- Supports HDDs/SSDs/optical/Blu-ray drives