Product Id: 29682251
Description: Omnitron iConverter GX/T2 - Fiber media converter - GigE - 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T, 1000Base-X - RJ-45 / ST single-mode - up to 12 km - 1310 nm
Mfr Part #: 8521N-1-EW
The iConverter GX/T2 media converters are members of the modular iConverter Multi-Serivce Platform. The GX/T2 is a 10/100/1000Base-T UTP to 100Base-FX or 1000Base-X fiber media converter that supports jumbo frames up to 10,240 bytes. The GX/T2 is used for conversion from a 10/100/1000 UTP to Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet fiber, and supports both 100Base-FX and 1000Base-X Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers. This simplifies inventory management in large campus networks with multiple data rates, and demarcation extension for different Ethernet telecom services. SFP transceivers also enable adaptability to different fiber types and distances, and support Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) technology to increase the bandwidth capacity of fiber infrastructure.
The GX/T2 fixed fiber models support 1000Base-X over multimode and single-mode fiber with SC and ST connectors; and single-mode single-fiber with SC connectors. The UTP port supports 10/100/1000 and half/full-duplex auto-negotiation with both hardware and software manual override controls. The GX/T2 also features two Gigabit Ethernet backplane ports for connectivity to adjacent iConverter modules in a chassis for multi-port and multi-service configurations. Advanced features include IEEE 802.1Q VLAN and 802.1p Quality of Service prioritization standards, and port access control, which provide the ability to enable or disable individual ports to control delivery of services. The GX/T2 also supports port-level MIB statistics reporting real-time packet statistics to provide performance and operational monitoring.
The GX/T2 features user-selectable link propagates and link segment modes to facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting. iConverter GX/T2 media converters are available as compact, unmanaged standalone units, or chassis plug-in modules that can be managed with a management module installed in the chassis. The hot-swappable plug-in module can be mounted in a 19 or 5-module chassis with any combination of redundant AC and DC power supplies. It can also be mounted in a 2-module AC or DC powered chassis, or in a 1-module chassis with AC or DC power input.
- Multirate 10/100/1000 UTP to 100/1000X Ethernet media converter
- Conforms to 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T, 100Base-FX and 1000Base-X specifications
- Fiber port supports multimode and single-mode fiber with ST and SC connectors and single-fiber with SC connectors
- Supports for dual fiber and single-fiber 100Base-FX or 1000Base-X SFP transceivers for standard or CWDM wavelengths
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000 and half/full-duplex auto-negotiation and MDI/MDIX auto-crossover
- 10,240 byte jumbo frames
- Supports QoS, port access control and MIB statistics
- VLAN with 802.1ad Q-in-Q for carrier and enterprise Ethernet deployments
- Bandwidth control (rate limiting) in 64 Kb increments
- Gigabit Ethernet backplane ports for port expansion and connectivity to adjacent iConverter modules
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- Management of the plug-in module is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides realtime port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Modules are hot-swappable in 19-module, 5-module, 2-module or 1-module chassis